Man Stroke Woman (20052007) is a British Sketch Comedy show starring Amanda Abbington, Ben Crompton, Daisy Haggard, Meredith MacNeill, Nicholas Burns and Nick Frost. Many of the sketches have to do with interactions with men and women, but that isn't all there is. There are many recurring characters throughout the show, such as a man who refuses to read instructions with terrible results, a father who keeps accidentally switching his baby son with objects, and a husband whose wife keeps bringing in bizarre objects she bought and is upset when he doesn't like them. "You can never just say I look nice, can you?"
This series shows examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: A man is talking to a woman at a bar and it is going very well. He asks if she would like to go to a party at his house and she say yes. He draws her directions to his home. When he lifts it up it is a picture of a penis, and she leaves disgusted. He looks extremely confused as his friend tells him that he needs to find a better way to his house.
- Bearer of Bad News: Averted. A doctor tells his patient that they have her test results. He asks " May I be blunt with you?" to which she responds "No.". He looks confused and struggles of what to say. Finally he says, " Well, everything is fine. You're not gonna die!" She is very happy with this information and leaves as the doctor sighs to himself.
- In another episode, a doctor sits in his patient's lap and tells her that her father is dead. As she cries, the doctor calls someone on speaker phone and tells a friend that sitting on the lap didn't work. She was still crying.
- Brick Joke: The hide and seek sketch is the first one.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: A recurring group of sketches have a man doing something very kind for two women. They ask him how they can repay him, and he asks them to kiss each other. Apparently it is fine with them, and the man watches on in approval.
- Inelegant Blubbering: A recurring sketch has a man whose girlfriend has dumped him. He ends up meeting up with her for some reason and immediately starts uncontrollably sobbing. Throughout the rest of the episode, snippets of this are shown while she and other people try to guess what he is saying.
- Read the Freaking Manual: A recurring sketch is of a man who refuses to read instructions his wife offers him. This always ends in something quite bizarre happening, such as their dog exploding because he was given the wrong food.
- Santa Claus: Santa apparently lives like a completely normal person with a girlfriend who is completely unaware. That is until she finds all the children's letters when they are packing for a move. He is adamant he is not, though he doesn't hide it very well.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: In a sketch, a woman tries to break up with her unbearably lazy boyfriend, who for some reason won't understand that she actually wants to break up. She tries to be nice at first, using phrases like " It's not you it's me." She finally snaps when he disagrees, saying that she has been wonderful. She lets him know how lazy and unattractive he has been. He keeps taking it as joking and continues to play his video games. Eventually she is seen sitting with him, eating chips and watching tv, consistently repeating a defeated " Get out. Get out. Get out."
- Unfortunate Names: A couple talks to another couple about them having a baby and what they plan on naming it. They apparently plan on naming it Crapbasket. The other couple resists their urge to say something, and tell them it is a lovely name.