Light Speed Esper is a Japanese Live Action superhero TV series from the 1970's. It is about a boy named Ikaru who is chosen to wear a supersuit so he can battle alien invaders.
Fairly obscure, the series was broadcast in many countries in the 70s, including in Latin America.
Tropes in Esper:
- Mission Control: The scientists who created the suit monitor it while in action and give advice when needed.
- Robot Buddy: Esper has a talking robot parrot named Shikar.
- Super Wrist-Gadget: Esper wears a communication wrist watch.
- Transformation Sequence: Sort of; Ikaru only needs to say "Space suit, come to me!" and it flies to him and wraps around him.
- Word Salad Title: Esper doesn't have ESP, nor can he fly at the speed of light.