Teen drama that aired on ABC in 2004-2005. The series focused on three guys
in High School
as they go through issues involving relationships, family troubles, but most prevalent, sex. The series is based on the novel Doing It
by Melvin Burgess.
Not to be confused with the 2010 rom-com starring Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel, or the 2006 YA novel Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer.
Life As We Know It provides examples of:
- All Women Are Prudes: Jackie in the first episode isn't willing to have sex with Dino just yet. By the time she is ready however, Dino is too shaken from his Heroic BSoD moment earlier that day.
- Butt-Monkey: Jonathan is often picked on by his friends.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his Jerk Jock moments, Dino shows that he really does love and care for Jackie and his friends and family.
- Like Father, Like Son: Ben's dad also got into a sexual relationship with his teacher when he was in high school.
- Mistaken for Masturbating: Jonathan's parents think he's masturbating when he's actually shaving. Although he admits to the fourth wall that he was going to when he was done.
- Raging Stiffie: Dino starts stealing Viagra from Jonathan's dad. He takes them for a "test drive" and they work... while he's wrestling with a guy in gym class.
- Satellite Love Interest: Zoe to Dino. It is obvious that Dino only likes Zoe because unlike Jackie, she's willing to hook-up or have sex. He doesn't go through with it because he can't stop thinking about Jackie.
- School Play: Played straight with a Romeo and Juliet musical. Ben is made to play Romeo by Miss Young as a way for them to spend more time together opposite of Sue. Eventually, Ben and Sue get closer, ending the play with a real kiss. The play is directed by Neil Schweiber.