Toku/Kaiju series which ran on Fuji TV in Japan from October 1, 1973, to September 27, 1974, for 260 episodes, each clocking in at about 2 and half minutes.The titular character is an anthropomorphic red octopus with a big head who lives in a tree in a forest, his catchphrase is "Kure Kure" (which roughly translates into "Gimme Gimme" or "I Want I Want" in English). His sidekick is "Chonbo", a humanoid squash. Other characters on the show are Debura, a badger who serves as an authority figure; Monro, a pink walrus, who all the male characters are in love with; Biragon, an iguana; To Ro-Ro, a mischievous jellyfish and Ikari, Hera Hera, Shiku Shiku, a trio of sea cucumbers.
This show provides examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife
- Butt-Monkey: the sea cucumbers!
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods
- Funny Octopus
- People in Rubber Suits
- Terrestrial Sea Life- you have an octopus, a walrus, a jellyfish and some sea cucumbers living nowhere near the ocean
- They Killed Kenny Again: Takora suffers a Karmic Death at the end of some episodes.
- Too Dumb to Live: Takora
- Warm-Hearted Walrus: Monro