Kenny Starfighter is a Swedish comedy miniseries from 1997. It is known for being somewhat Trope Overdosed.Despite this, it is well-known in Sweden for being well made, with the intention of being So Bad, It's Good.
It was aimed at kids, but contained many references for adults, such as the German teacher mentioning the Bader-Meinhof group when Marcus claims to have joined Buddhism.
It later spawned a Prequel movie named Kenny Begins. The movie is regarded by some as suffering from Sequelitis.
- Marcus: The main character, a 15 year old boy from a small Swedish Town. Has an incredibly embarrassing mom.
- Tyrone: A Deadpan Snarker, one of Marcus' friends. He later becomes a Turn Coat when Slem-Sven injects him with Mähälium.
- Burken: A food-loving, silent, nerd. Despite claiming to be "big boned" he eats everything that looks edible, including, amongst other things: Wall insulation ("Tastes like strawberries!"), a sausage on a string (clearly a trap) and drinking a soda bottle dropped by a dead Galaxy Police officer.
- Sofia: The team's only girl, acts like she knows best, and usually does.
- Kenny: A complete Cloud Cuckoolander, that saves the galaxy using dumb luck and help from children.
Kenny Starfighter contains examples of:
- Affectionate Parody
- AI Is A Crap Shoot: The Memorymatican isn't your regular computer bent on the destruction of the human race, but she is pretty bitchy, and prone to go into Sarcasm Mode.
- Aluminium Christmas Trees: A chocolate-flavored soda was manufactured and sold under the "Zingo" brand between 1973 and 1977.
- Buffy Speak: Kenny can't tell left from right, or a washing machine from a lifeform.
- Catchphrase: Lots. A few examples:
- Kenny: "Wolli-Bolli!" (greeting) "Ischlo-Pischlo!" (curse)
- Hempo 2: "(X)? Damn good!"
- Clothing Damage: partially subverted, as Kenny's suit gets a rip, but heals it.
- Cool Starship: Subverted. Kenny's ship is a bus with wings, and we are also treated with a flying Volvo, a rocket-telephone kiosk, and, in The Movie, a flying garbage dumpster.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Kenny. He spends most of the series acting like a narcissistic idiot, but when things get serious, he really knows how to kick ass. With a hair dryer shooting laser, no less.
- It's not a hair dryer. It's a Hairminator!
- Dirty Cop: The local head of police is the kind that complains about not getting a cut of the profits when he "finds" an illegal gambling joint.
- Down in the Dumps: Guess where Kenny's space-bus gets towed after he crash lands it?
- Emperor Scientist: Ensuring that Emperor Zing's formulas don't end up in the wrong hands is Kenny's original mission. The truth serum/brainwashing drug/turns people into green goo-chemical weapon mähälium is just one of the weapons among them.
- Five-Man Band:
- Hammer Space / Trouser Space: Used for pretty much anything except hammers. Syringes, rapiers, sausages, bananas...
- And an orchid!
- Hollywood Science: Subverted, Kenny tries to get an analysis of an unknown substance, only to be informed by the Memorymatican that analysis takes ten hours to complete.
- Hospital Hottie: The aforementioned school nurse plays this pretty straight, except for the fangs and creepy eyes.
- Human Aliens: Played straight, not a single non-human is seen.
- Luke Nounverber: Obviously.
- Only Sane People: The kids. Everyone else is either stupid, insane, evil, or a combination of all three.
- Posthumous Character: Emperor Zing is heavily implied to be dead, but the fundamental plot is still Kenny making sure his research doesn't end up in the wrong hands.
- Punny Name: The Galaxy Police officers that came before Kenny includes a number; Lonny Lowlife, Fatso Butt and Lenny Fartrider are just some of them.
- Stripperiffic: The nurse.
- The fake girls on Sun Planet also qualify.
- Teleporter Accident: Kenny tries to get out of Marcus's washing-room by teleporter. He gets split in half and his legs run of.
- What Do You Mean, It's Phlebotinum?: To Kenny's people, chocolate soda is an extremely powerful fuel.
- We Will Not Have Pockets in the Future: Kenny keeps everything in his toolbelt ala Batman, or strapped to his chest or back.