Julie Andrews, along with her assistant, Gus (Gioello), teaches five puppet children known as "The Greenies" all about various aspects of the theater at the Wellspring Performing Arts Center. When burst pipes at the center ruin their chances to put on The Wizard of Oz, they decide to write a musical themselves.
Every episode features a celebrity who teaches the Greenies about a specific aspect of the performing arts.Together, they learn about the arts and put on their show!
Julie's Greenroom contains examples of:
- As Himself: Julie Andrews plays...well, "Miss Julie" Andrews.
- Celebrity Paradox: Is "Miss Julie" supposed to be Julie Andrews herself?
- Head Desk: In one installment, Hank bangs his head on his piano in frustration when collaborating on a song with Spike isn't going as smoothly as either of them had hoped.
- Intellectual Animal: Hugo the duck, the Greenies' Team Pet.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Gus translates for Hugo, as a result of studying Duck at Juilliard. When Bill Irwin visits Wellspring, he reveals he can also speak Duck, which might have something to do with the fact that he's a clown.
- Wealthy Philanthropist: Edna Brightful is a wealthy benefactor and patron of the arts. At the end of the show's first season, she watches the original musical, Mash-Up the Musical, created by the Greenies and is so impressed that she says her check will be in the mail the next day.