A video game review show (known as Reviews on the Run outside of the US) that first began airing on G4 in 2002, though nowadays it only shows up on reruns from time to time. Judgement Day starred Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico, two best buds who review various games as well as video game hardware. Victor is usually the more positive and friendly reviewer while Tommy makes use of Brutal Honesty and is usually the first of the two to point out that a game sucks.
Tropes that apply to Judgement Day include:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Extremely common when the duo summarize their final opinions of a game at the end of its review. The main negatives leveled at Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando for example, included criticisms of the level design, the story/characters and... the fact that the game has too many bolts. (Which serve as currency.)
- Caustic Critic: Guess who. While Victor is usually able to find a few goods points even in terrible games Tommy will not hesitate to criticize what he perceives as bad game design, annoying features, boring gameplay, lack of polish, low quality, minor frustrations, poor sound/music, bland story... you get the idea. He isn't afraid of hurting feelings or disagreeing with Victor in the slightest.
- Deadpan Snarker: Victor has a few moments, but if there is any snark to be had during a review its usually coming from Tommy.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Tommy is the more aggressive, caustic and sarcastic reviewer while Victor is more of a nice guy who generally talks more about the pros of what they review and is usually the one handing out the higher score.
- Scenery Porn: Many of the locales the duo visit are both beautiful and stunning.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Neither Victor nor Tommy are above taking a shot at the other for what they think is a poor decision or for saying they enjoy something about a game that the other hates.