I Am Not Infected is a web series parodying Reality TV. With zombies.
It can be found here.
I Am Not Infected provides examples of:
- Actual Pacifist: Charlie is a certified wuss who literally wouldn't harm a fly. Until Hartley decides to take him on a trip to kill his very first, well, anything.
- Brick Joke: Early in an episode Charlie remarks how zombies cannot operate motor vehicles. At the end of the episode the handcuffed guy gets hit by the car featured in the Silverlake Tape episode, with its driver zombified.
- Chainsaw Good: Paul's Chainsawsuit.
- Confession Cam: A leftover from The Frat House of Representatives, employed by the characters who never bothered to change the backdrop.
- Cozy Catastrophe: The zombies don't really pose as much a threat to them as much as their own stupidity does. Besides that they mostly just spend their time playing halo and eating peanut butter for weeks at a time. The only ones that ever posed a serious threat were the ones that could run. They even managed to infect Paul. Yes, in that way.
- Erotic Eating: Amanda eating a popsicle, all thanks to Hartley.
- Eyepatch of Power: Amanda sports one in her initial appearance, but quickly stops wearing it. Larry picks it up immediately after having a knife thrown in his eye.
- Eye Scream: A startled Hartley throws a knife at Larry, mistakening him for a zombie. It lands rather cleanly in his eye.
- Meaningful Echo: Amanda saying "I can't hear you through the door" echoes Hartley saying the same to Handcuff Guy earlier in the series.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The zombies can drive cars. Two have been shown talking, once with Zombie Katie's daughter, and the second when Paul kills Larry the gunshop owner. Of interesting note, both are asked what they're doing and respond with "Eatin' Daddy's/Larry's brains." In addition, Paul just talks with the guys like he wasn't a zombie.
- Perma-Shave: Hartley.
- Product Placement: Charlie's Google shirt and possibly Hartley's Dinosaur Comics shirt.
- Reality Show: The characters are holed up in a house which was originally the set for a reality show called The Frat House of Representatives. When we are shown a clip it is as bad as it sounds. The series also follows a reality show format.
- A Real Man Is a Killer: After so many episodes, Hartley takes Charlie on a road trip to kill a zombie.
- Running Gag: Paul isn't infected, at least not the way you think. Until he is.
- Paul's bet with Charlie concerning Charlie's sexual orientation.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Charlie and Hartley both apparently wear reading glasses and classy bathrobes at night.
- Stalker with a Crush: Charlie towards Amanda.
- That Poor Cat: In the episode "Compton" Hartley is terrified of a cat. When he finds a gun (the goal of their journey to Compton) he proceeds to empty all of the ammunition shooting at the off screen. Truly completed with the required yowling cat sound effect.
- Title Drop: At some point in most of the episodes.
- "...dot com!"
- Too Dumb to Live: Hartley and Paul. Lampshaded by Charlie frequently.Charlie: How are you two still alive?
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: Used after Hartley holds Paul at gunpoint to stop him from closing the front doors of the frat house.
- Zombie Advocate: Amanda apparantly was one prior to her first appearance in the series.
- Zombie Gait: Originally adhered to, but the zombies have recently gained the ability to run.
- Zombie Infectee: Paul.