Holmes & Yoyo is an American comedy television series that aired on ABC for 13 episodes during the 1976-1977 season. The series follows Detective Alexander Holmes and his new android partner Gregory "Yoyo" Yoyonovich, on their adventures and misadventures, as Holmes teaches Yoyo what it is like to be human, while trying to keep his quirky partner's true nature a secret from criminals and fellow cops.
Holmes & Yoyo contains examples of:
- Androids and Detectives: One of the earliest TV examples.
- Name and Name: Holmes and Yoyo are the main characters last name and nickname respectively.
- Lethal Klutz: Downplayed with Holmes; having injured so many of his partners simply because of his clumsiness, this is why his superiors decided to pair him with Yoyo.
- Photographic Memory: Yoyo not only has a literally photographic memory, he can even make prints of it. Push his nose and a polaroid pops out of his breast pocket. Strangely enough he does not seem able to access an image in memory, he has to print it out and look at it with his eyes even if it's just to verify that he's seen something.
- Super Cop: Yoyo, who has all kinds of robotic powers.
- They Fight Crime!: One's a human cop. One's an experimental robot cop. They Fight Crime!