Holmes & Yoyo is an American comedy television series that aired on ABC for 13 episodes during the 1976-1977 season. The series follows Detective Holmes and his new android partner Yoyo, on their adventures and misadventures, as Holmes teaches Yoyo what it is like to be human, while trying to keep his quirky partner's true nature a secret from criminals and fellow cops.
Holmes & Yoyo contains examples of:
- Androids and Detectives: One of the earliest TV examples.
- Name and Name
- Photographic Memory: Yoyo not only has a literally photographic memory, he can even make prints of it. Push his nose and a polaroid pops out of his breast pocket. Strangely enough he does not seem able to access an image in memory, he has to print it out and look at it with his eyes even if it's just to verify that he's seen something.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Yoyo
- Robot Buddy: Yoyo
- Super Cop: Yoyo, who has all kinds of robotic powers.
- They Fight Crime!: One's a human cop. One's an experimental robot cop. They Fight Crime!