Historia de un clan is a 2015 Argentine tv series, starring Alejandro Awada, "Chino" Darin and Cecilia Ruth, loosely based on a real life case.
The show centers around the Puccio family, composed by the parents Arquimedes and Epifania, and their four children: Alex, Daniel, Silvia and Adriana. The Puccio family reside in San Isidro, an elite suburban area of Buenos Aires, Argentina. They are a big part of the community, go to church every sunday, and are respectable members of the society. They also kidnap people and kill them off after collecting the ransom money.
Historia De Un Clan contains examples of:
- The Ace: Alex is an obvious example; he's the star player of the rugby team CASI, former player of the argentinean rugby team Los Pumas, great economic status
his life looks pretty great if you don't know what really goes on at his house, which leads to
- Broken Ace: You can see him break down after the first kidnap they performed, and then he's clearly the most afflicted by their actions.
- Adapted Out: Guillermo, the son who discovered what was going on and left to Europe, never to return again. The series simply skips him.
- All There in the Manual: The Coronel is only referred to by his rank, never by his actual name, but because he's based in a real life person when you look it up you find out his name is Rodolfo Franco.
- The Chessmaster: Arquimedes is the mastermind behind the family's operations right from the start.
- Colonel Badass: The Coronel, obviously.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: On the pilot episode, Daniel is shown masturbating one night with his brother sleeping in the same room.
- Driven to Suicide: The first scene of the series shows Alex attempting to kill himself (based on the real Alex Puccio's suicide attempt), before going back and telling the story from the beginning.
- The '80s: The story is set in the 1980s, which is the time during which the real life events happened.
- Gollum Made Me Do It: When he was old and in the brink of death, Arquimedes still did not repent for his actions. He said that it was the fault of "a dwarf" in our minds that makes us do things.
- Incest Subtext: There's a lot of subtext between the Puccio siblings, specially between Adriana/Silvia and Alex/Daniel.
- In episode 2, Adriana and Silvia even share a kiss; Silvia's wearing a mask and Adriana softly kisses her on the lips.
- Insane Troll Logic: Fearing to have been kidnapped for political reasons, Federico said that he's not in politics. Arquímedes replied that everybody is in politics. If you join a political party, that's a political action. If you refuse to do so, that's also a political action. If you fart in a bus full of people, that's a political action. If you hold the fart, out of respect for the people in the bus, that's also a political action.
- Mr. Fanservice: The first episode includes a scene of the rugby team in the showers after the game including asses and penises.
- Ms. Fanservice: Monica is often used for fanservice; the first episode had the scene where she and Alex have sex on a boat, for starters, which had a lot of watchers sweating under their collar.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: When a fellow player comments on meeting Alex's sisters, Monica laughs and tells him not to say that twice, since Alex is a very overprotective big brother.
- Naughty Nuns: Silvia's friend, Sister Maria Belen, a young nun who's very pretty and seems to have a crush on Alex which turns out not to be true, actually, as she may have a crush on Silvia instead.
- Parental Incest: In the dream sequence at the beginning of episode 3, Alex makes out with his mother Epifania (right before killing his father).
- Protagonist Journey to Villain: The show closely follows Alex's journey from a good guy to a villanous kidnapper and murderer.
- The Stoic: Daniel is mostly portrayed as calm and indifferent to everything, bordering sociopathic levels, in deep contrast to the rest of the family.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Silvia is shown to be have more masculine interests (such as watching sports and drinking beer), while her sister Adriana has more traditionally girly interests (clothes, cute puppies, etc).
- Villain Protagonist: All of the protagonists are the villains, since they're the ones kidnapping and killing people.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Alex Puccio is shirtless on this a lot.
- Your Cheating Heart: In episode 5, Alex cheats on Monica. With Paula (Federico's girlfriend) no less.