Heidi, bienvenida a casanote is an Argentinian telenovela very loosely based on the classic novel Heidi, which among other things, updates the setting to modern day Argentina and adds a Cast Herd to fill the requisite soap opera plots. Also Heidi has a talking, shapeshifting pet rabbit in this version.
This show provides examples of:
- Abled in the Adaptation: In this version, Clara can walk just fine. Instead, she has severe agoraphobia and can't leave the house.
- Banana Peel: Rottenmeier uses one to trip Emma.
- Blithe Spirit: Heidi
- Comically Missing the Point: Boris tells Maxine that they can't be together because her mother is working for evil. Maxine is just shocked at the idea of her mother working.
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: Boris wears an incredibly blatant spy outfit while spying on Maxine in Conejopolis.
- Costume Porn: Dete dresses Heidi up in a ridiculously fancy outfit when first meeting the Sesemanns.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Clara initially hates both Heidi and Toro and tries to get rid of them.
- Easy Amnesia: Subverted after Toro finally asks Clara to be his girlfriend, and immediately falls down and hits his head. It seems like he will lose his memory of asking Clara. However, he turns out to be perfectly fine.
- Exact Words: Toro wishes for a kiss from Clara. Clara kisses him on his hand.
- Funny Background Event: Notable background events are highlighted by a giant arrow drawn on screen.
- Gratuitous French: Maxine is obsessed with France and sprinkles her dialog with Gratuitous French.
- History with Celebrity: Ulises has a feud with real life chef Pietro Sorba. Sesemann apparently knows him well enough that he was willing to come cook for them as a favor.
- I Have This Friend...: When Abril asks Junior for advice about how to find out if a boy loves her, she claims that she is asking for a friend.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Sol kisses Toro against his will right when Clara walks by.
- Named by the Adaptation: Mr. Sesemann and Miss Rottenmeier are named Santiago and Ingrid respectively.
- Operation: Jealousy: Morena pulls this at Heidi's suggestion after Alan breaks up with her.
- Promotion to Parent: Emma acts as a parent for her younger brothers.
- Real After All: Subverted in the ghost episode. Mr. Sesemann leaves a cake out every year on his (dead) grandpa's birthday to be eaten by his ghost. At the end of the episode, Clara reveals that there is no ghost and she was eating the cake the whole time to make her father feel better. Then the birthday balloons all suddenly pop for no apparent reason, implying the ghost was real after all. However, the following episode reveals that it was just Diego, who was somehow popping them from offscreen.
- Rhetorical Question Blunder:Paulina: I won't argue with you about matters outside your jurisdiction... Do I interfere with your business?
- The Shut-In: Clara hasn't left the house ever since her mother left eight years ago.
- Springtime for Hitler: In one episode, Heidi tries to misbehave so she'll be sent back to the mountains, but all her attempts backfire. For example, she steals Mr. Sesemann's car keys so he can't attend a benefit gala, but then there's a fire at the gala, so he thanks her for saving his life.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Time passes within the Great Rabbit's realm however quickly or slowly you need it to. Heidi uses this to sew herself a new dress after Rottenmeier steals her dresses.