A 2016 British/American mystery drama television series, starring Daisy Head, Emily Tremaine, Billy Zane and Christian Solimeno. It centers on an American student in London, Grace Atwood (Head), who is accused of murdering her roommate, Molly Ryan. Her sister Natalie, an Assistant District Attorney in Boston, flies over to assist her, securing the representation of a skillful defense attorney, American expatriate Stan Guttrie (Zane). Detective Sergeant Alex Bruno, meanwhile, is leading the murder investigation. It quickly grows clear the case is far from simple-it even involves a member of the royal family, Prince Theo. The drama is apparently loosely inspired from the Meredith Kirchner murder case in Italy. It was canceled after one season by Freeform.
This series provides examples of:
- Amoral Attorney: Stan is pretty cheerfully amoral, and shows no signs of caring about anything apart from the money he makes.
- Bisexual Love Triangle:
- Kaley was dating Roz and also had sex with Prince Theo at the same time.
- Molly was also sleeping with Roz and Prince Theo, even becoming pregnant by him.
- Blackmail: D.S. Bruno is coerced into covering up Prince Theo's involvement with Molly by his personal secretary, using some corruption in his past.
- Disappeared Dad: Stan turns out to have been this toward his long-lost daughter.
- Driven to Suicide: After he confesses to murdering Molly, Luc kills himself.
- Frame-Up: Bruno is about to do this with Neville, then sees he's left-handed. As the killer was right-handed, it wouldn't stand up. Later Grace attempts to do this with Finch, putting Molly's missing phone in his car. However, a video recording uncovers this.
- Framing the Guilty Party: What D.S. Bruno did to a suspect in the past, which provides blackmail leverage against him.
- High-Class Call Girl: Roz and Amber (along with Molly when alive) work as these in an exclusive club patronized by the rich and powerful, including Prince Theo. It turns out that Grace signed up too, but backed out.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Roz, Kaley and Molly all wore their hair long, while they also often dressed in very pretty, stylish feminine clothes. It turns out Kaley and Molly had both had sex with Roz, but also Prince Theo. At the same time, Roz worked as a High-Class Call Girl, therefore it's probable they were actually all bisexuals.
- The Reveal: Luc murdered Molly.
- Stalker with a Crush: Neville, who is seriously creepy, stole Molly's things and threatens Grace with a knife, but didn't actually kill Molly. He seems more mentally disturbed than actually malicious. We later see that he's been committed to a mental institution.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: To protect herself in jail, Grace uses a shank to stab herself so it will look like the women bullying her did it and she'll be sent to the hospital.