Gigantic was a show on TeenNick, developed by Marti Noxon. It is a comedy drama set in Hollywood, focusing on several children with famous parents trying to carve out identities for themselves separate from their parents. The show started in 2010 and was canceled at the end of its first season in April 2011.
Tropes featured in this show include:
- Abhorrent Admirer:
- Piper to Hugh, given she's taking advantage of his role as the family therapist.
- Vanessa may become one to Walt given she unexpectedly falls for him after the two have a night of passion.
- Lulu to Joey and not just because she's in love with him and wants him to leave Anna for her, but down to the fact that she lies about the baby being his too.
- The Beard: Sasha, to Ryan.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing:
- Vanessa King plays with this. She's cutthroat, but she's not overly harsh either.
- Maggie Ritter shows she's willing to resort to extortion and sleeping with her agent in order to get ahead in acting—though that second part comes off more as her being extorted though.
- Lulu lying about her baby being Joey's caused a lot of trouble for a lot of people, whether she intended it to or not.
- Relationship Upgrade: Vanessa thinks she and Walt got one after they share the night together. Walt's thoughts are left somewhat ambiguous even though he didn't expect Vanessa to fall for him and fall so hard as well.
- Sequel Hook: Given the ending of the one season the show got, a lot was clearly set up for the Season 2 that never came: Word eventually getting out that Lulu lied about Joey being the father of her baby and the impact it has on everyone, Anna and Piper each returning from their trip, Anna trying to repair her relationship with her parents, Piper dealing with the position she left her father in by saying his wife was "a man"—and by extension, however Finn had to deal with it too, Maggie dealing with her sketchy situation with her new agent and whatever happens pertaining to the intimate night Walt and Vanessa shared becoming public knowledge.
- Teen Drama
- Teen Pregnancy: Lulu, prior to the start of the show.
- Too Dumb to Live: Lulu didn't know that reality-show "confessionals" are taped. She confessed that Joey isn't really the father of her baby before she realized there was a camera in the room.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist:
- Jennifer and John didn't have a problem at first with Joey seeing Lulu while he and Anna were apart because Anna was seeing Russell in Australia. What they did have a problem with was when Lulu supposedly got pregnant with Joey's child and became very strict about refusing to let Anna see him. Anna attributed this to them protecting their own careers, but it's clear they do love their daughter, wanted to protect her and didn't mean to drive her away.
- It's implied that Lulu's lie about Joey being the baby's father was about her either being too enamored with Joey to think straight about it or that the real father is either someone she's embarrassed by or afraid of.