Futurescape is a documentary series presented by James Wood that aired on the Science Channel in 2013. The show speculated on future technological advances and their impact, partly by showing modern day advancements and experiments that may one day lead to them and interviews with various experts in relevant fields, and partly with dramatized "in the future" segments featuring the technology being discussed, not all of which are compatible with each other.
- Androids Are People, Too: Was very unambiguous in its support of this trope.
- Artificial Intelligence: The focus of the episode "Robot Revolution" and mentioned in other episodes. The episode "Replacing God" featured biotech versions referred to as "liquid minds".
- Benevolent A.I.: All the explicitly sapient examples of the above were friendly, with it being more or less stated outright that a properly made AI would be a better person than most humans.
- Brain Uploading: Handled in a surprisingly low-key way.
- Cyborgs: To various degrees. Mostly portrayed positively.
- Designer Babies
- Electronic Eyes: Sported by androids and augmented humans in some of the "in the future"segments, although in the case of the latter it's sometimes ambiguous as to whether they're implants or really high-end contact lenses.
- Organic Technology: The focus of the episode "Replacing God".
- Smart House: Several examples, the most memorable being a (possibly unintentionally) creepy biotech one and a more conventional one that refused to allow its resident to leave because he was drunk, angry and likely to do something stupid.
- Transhumanism:By the bucket load in practically every episode. Cybernetics,genetic engineering, bio-hacking, uploading, you name it, it made an appearance and while the potential problems were also mentioned, on the whole the portrayals were neutral to positive.