Fox & Friends is the longtime morning show on Fox News, airing from 6:00am to 9:00am Eastern time. Though ostensibly a typical morning news program in the vein of Todaynote , the show has become increasingly known for pushing conservative viewpoints in its presentation. During the presidency of Donald Trump, Fox & Friends became infamous both for serving as Trump's unofficial platform (via his habitual on-air phone calls) and for seemingly influencing Trump's behavior and decision-making, as evidenced by his incendiary tweets on certain topics immediately after they were covered on the show.
Not to be confused with the film Fox and His Friends.
Fox & Friends provides examples of:
- Alliterative Title: Fox & Friends.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Former co-host Gretchen Carlson was a high school valedictorian, graduated from Stanford with honors, studied abroad at Oxford, and can play Zigeunerweisen on the violin. Yet on Fox & Friends she was shown Googling terms like "ignoramus" and "czar", and even then getting the wrong definition for the context in which the word was being used.note Either she is a Ditzy Genius who has a poor grasp of vocabulary despite her intelligence, or she is deliberately reining it in so as to seem less intimidating and more identifiable to her viewership.
- Spin-Off: Fox & Friends First, the preceding news hour, which starts at 5:00am.
- Spoofed with Their Own Words: Each of the co-hosts' propensity to make biased, offensive, or just plain stupid statements have frequently made them the butt of jokes on liberal programs, especially Countdown with Keith Olbermann or The Daily Show.
- Witty Banter: Most of the dialogue between the three co-hosts when there is no interview.