Tucker was played by Ben Foster, later known for roles in Six Feet Under, The Punisher (2004), etc. Becca was played by Jewel Staite, fresh off of Space Cases, and would later be known for roles in Firefly, Stargate Atlantis, etc.
For the ABC series with the same name, go over to FlashForward (2009) (though this one did air on ABC Saturday mornings in the 1996-97 season as a preview-run, as Disney had just acquired ABC). No real relation to the trope of the same name.
This show provides examples of:
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Tucker starts off with a crush on Kerry.
- Alpha Bitch: Maxine and Kerry.
- Big Damn Kiss: The last scene of the series has Tucker and Becca sharing one.
- Catchphrase: "What are the odds?!"
- Childhood Friend Romance: Victorious Becca and Tucker.
- "Could Have Avoided This!"Plot: One episode revolves around Tucker wanting to go to the mall to audition for a part in a movie but yet having to babysit his younger brother at the same time. Tucker then comes off with a convoluted plan to do one while avoiding the other. At the end of the episode Becca points out the obvious to Tucker that He could've just took his brother with him to the audition.
- Egg Sitting: The main character, Tucker, has to take care of an electronic baby and babysit a live child at the same time. He manages to take care of the living kid, but the electronic baby is broken in an accident, which he tries to repair by using parts from movie monster kits that he collects.
- Flashback: Done to show Becca and Tucker's actions in the present mirroring their kindergarten-aged selves.
- Full-Name Ultimatum: Tucker gives this to Rebecca "Becca" Sarah Fisher in the "Double Bill" episode.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: Occurs between Becca and Ellen.
- Jerk Jock: Jack.
- Naked People Are Funny: Tucker can't seem to keep his clothes on. In the first episode, a bully shoves him out of the locker room and into the hallway while he's wearing a Modesty Towel. At that moment, the bell rings and students (including Becca) file out of the classrooms. The towel drops and everyone laughs at him. The fact that he was holding a basketball at the time leads to jokes about Tucker's "basketballs". Another episode had him sneaking around the school in his underwear. A struggle with one of the teachers leads to the underwear being torn off and he streaks through the halls to the computer lab where his friends are. Another one of his teachers catches up with him and he ends up getting photographed by the yearbook photographer.
- School Play: The final episode.
- Split-Screen Phone Call: Averted. They're neighbors, and their bedrooms face each other, meaning they can see each other out the window while they talk to each other on the phone.
- Tomboyish Name: Christine's female dog is named "Steve". It Makes Sensein Context
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: It's revealed in the finale that both had crushes on each other, but never at the same time...until now.