Yes, a big man!
With an eye like an eagle
And as tall as a mountain was he!
Yes, a big man!
He was brave, he was fearless
And as tough as a mighty oak tree!"
Daniel Boone is an American television series that aired from 1964 to 1970 on NBC starring Fess Parker as the titular frontier hero, who conducts surveys and expeditions around Boonesborough, Kentucky, running into both friendly and hostile Indians, just before and during the Revolutionary War.
This series features examples of:
- Bears Are Bad News: Bears occasionally appear to cause Daniel or the others trouble.
- Bragging Theme Tune: The theme song consisted of outright Chuck Norris Facts: He was tall as a mountain, could tear down a forest, could freeze rivers by glaring at them...
- Beware the Nice Ones: Daniel Boone may be a loving husband and father, but do not think you can take advantage of him. Mingo is no pushover either, Oxford-educated he may be. He still knows how to fight when necessary.
- Bittersweet Ending: Several episodes ended this way.
- Dawn of the Wild West: The series is set in Kentucky during the late 18th century.
- Deadpan Snarker: Daniel is one of these. Mingo and Gabe Cooper also fall into this category from time to time.
- Fiery Redhead: Rebecca Boone had her moments.
- Gentle Giant: Gabe. One of the biggest and tallest characters in the series.
- Historical Domain Character: Besides the obvious example of the protagonist himself, Johnny Appleseed appears in an episode in which he averts an Indian war.
- Happily Married: Daniel and Rebecca Boone. True they have the occasional arguments, but they rarely erupt into anything to serious.
- Spiritual Successor: Fess Parker stars as an icon of the tall tales of the American frontier yet again. It even has an iconic Bragging Theme Tune!