An Australian kids' TV show, created by Jonathan M. Shiff in 2001, about a robot alien gynoid who crashes on Earth. This alien, a prototype 6000 Cybernetic Human Replicant, has been (inadvertently) programmed with curiosity, and was kept away for fear that she could learn more than she needs to know. Apply Bellisario's Maxim here.
Anyway, the Cyber 6000 replicant, "Cy" (or "Cybergirl") is being closely followed by two more primitive replicants (the cold Xanda and the irritatingly dumb and unthreatening Isaac), and is forced to adopt the human disguise of "Ashley Campbell". But it's all for naught, as both she and the Series 3000 replicants run afoul of Corrupt Corporate Executive Rhyss (sic), whose state-of-the-art systems control the entirety of River City.
This series was filmed on location in Brisbane, with several prominent locations (the Powerhouse, South Bank and the Queen St Mall) thinly disguised. A giant set of screens was also added to King George Square, and features prominently.
- Alpha Bitch: Emerald and Sapphire, the Mayor's two spoiled and obnoxious daughters.
- Badass Normal: Half the non-Cybernetic cast.
- Big Eater: Cy tells Jackson all replicants are this but it is mostly seen with Isaac and is his defining characteristic.
- Blue Is Heroic: Cybergirl has blue hair, blue eyes, blue lip gloss, and a fully blue outfit.
- Butt-Monkey: Georgio, poor bastard.
- Isaac too.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Rhyss.
- Dumb Muscle: Essentially what Xanda uses Isaac for.
- Everything Is Online: Cy's able to interface with your average blender.
- Hates My Secret Identity: Emerald and Sapphire are quite specific in stating they are Cybergirl's closest friends to their entire class. A class that includes Ashley and her two Secret Keepers, none of whom they like very much. Played for laughs when Jackson requests they get Cybergirl's autograph (knowing full well they can't!) and later when Cybergirl actually comes to rescue their mother, she pointedly ignores them (for her own amusement) when they say hello.
- Insecurity System: Any security system that can be defeated by a young adult (or younger kid) needs to be re-examined.
- Manipulative Bastard: Rhyss again.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Rhyss. Well, until his Villainous Breakdown.
- Missing Mom: Jackson's mother is nowhere to be seen.
- One-Word Title
- Only One Name: Rhyss, Xanda and Isaac. Rhyss's lack of a first or last name is Lampshaded by Jackson's dad in episode one.
- The Plan: Rhyss's weapon of choice.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Isaac. Rhyss has shades of this as well.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Rhyss.
- Smug Snake: Xanda.
- Stalker with a Crush: Rhyss to Cy.
- Take Over the World: Rhyss's ultimate goal.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Xander and Isaac are basically Team Rocket.
- Übermensch: How Rhyss sees himself and Cy.
- The Unfettered: Nothing, NOTHING will stop Xanda from her goal of "decommissioning" the Cyber 6000
- Villainous Breakdown: Rhyss goes seriously Axe-Crazy in the last episode, to Caligula-like proportions.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Rhyss is a Lex Luthor like character.
- We Can Rule Together: Rhyss's proposition to Cy.
- World of Snark: It would be easier to list the characters on the show who are not Deadpan Snarkers.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: When Rhyss traps Xander and Isaac outside the Cybernet so that he can keep Cy prisoner inside.