A short-lived British sketch comedy that aired for one series in 2000, starring David Mitchell, Robert Webb, Martin Freeman, Olivia Colman, Matt Holness and Charlotte Hudson.
Bruiser contains examples of the following:
- British Brevity: Only six episodes aired.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Two main examples:
- The cops portrayed by Mitchell and Webb - Webb often blanks and relies on Mitchell to finish his sentences, whether they be common sayings or descriptions of what is happening onscreen.
- The two women talking in a pub played by Colman and Hudson. Discussing their sex lives, the two frequently finish each others' sentences...until Colman inevitably goes just a bit too far.
- Good Cop/Bad Cop: Attempted by two cops played by David Mitchell (the bad cop, whose act consists mostly of randomly shouting profanities) and Robert Webb (the good cop) in interrogating a subject as part of a documentary series.
- I Resemble That Remark!: The "victim" in the touchy sketches.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Parodied in a sketch in Episode 6. The band members of "Pussy on a Stick" all get applause, except for Holness (the bassist). After the performance, they all get women's underwear thrown at them... Holness gets an egg.
- Police Brutality; David Mitchell's cop character is prone to this.