Bringing up Bates. Series on UP Network about another very large Christian family living in the South. First came to fame due to being friends with the Duggars from 19 Kids and Counting .
This show contains examples of:
- Big Eater: Zach often makes and is the subject of jokes about his love of food.
- Gender-Blender Name: Michael, though she goes by "Michaella".
- Happily Married: Clearly the case for Kelly Jo and Gil. Seems to be the same way for their married children.
- Large Ham: Carlin is easily the most dramatic of the Bates kids.
- Law of Inverse Fertility: Seems to be the case with Michaella, who was often described as being very good with children (owing to her being the oldest girl and second oldest child overall); though she and husband Brandon have yet to have had any children of their own.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: 19 kids. No sets of twins.
- No Indoor Voice: Not surprisingly, the youngest of the Bates kids (Callie, Judson and Jeb) as well as the grandchildren tend to be this whenever on camera.
- Politician Guest-Star: A couple of episodes have had an appearance of Florida Congressman Daniel Websternote ; whose son John is married to Alyssa.
- Similar Squad: With the Duggars of 19 Kids and Counting for obvious reasons, although theyre relatively less conservative than the Duggars.