Bad Samaritans is a Netflix original comedy that began in March 2013.
When Jake and Drew's anniversary picnic turns into a breakup, and then causes a forest to burn to the ground, they are sentenced to 2000 hours of community service.
Not to be confused with the 2018 horror film Bad Samaritan.
Bad Samaritans provides examples of:
- Book-Ends: Starts and ends with the cast being sentenced to 2000 hours community service.
- The Cameo: Andy Dick guest stars in Episode 4.
- Children Are Innocent: Subverted Trope.
- Deconstruction: Despite the creator's love of Starcraft, it's made very clear that relying on a career in it is a stupid idea; Jake is also shown to be just as selfish and nasty as Drew, deconstructing the whole lovable loser stereotype. In episode 4 it's even revealed that he was actually a pretty smart kid before throwing it away to become a player of Starcraft.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Everyone is disgusted by the brats in Middle School, and when talking about Gam Gam Jake says that she was "Super racist."
- Hero with an F in Good: Doug means well but over the course of the series his actions include a.) indirectly caused Drew's grandmother to have a fatal heart attack (he advised Drew to tell the truth) b.) breaking Wendell's arm while high, c.) releasing animals into traffic to get run over (he was trying not to execute them) d.) firing a gun into the air which gets him sentenced to community service.
- Jerkass: Everyone, with the exception of Doug; Jake is a slacker who threw away his education to play Starcraft and who sabotages Drew out of spite, Drew is arrogant and looks down on everyone else simply because she has a degree, Hagerty is a pothead who dislikes old people, Trainy is a spoiled brat, and Wendell has a Napoleon Complex and arrogantly assumes he can triumph over a drug cartel that has already decapitated 5 of his predecessors.
- Kids Are Cruel: The Kids in episode 4 take this trope to the extreme.
- Only Sane Man: Doug is pretty much the only person who isn't an asshole.
- Racist Grandma: Drew's grandmother.
- Really Gets Around: Trainy.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Doug finally delivers one in episode 5. He calls out Haggerty and Trainy for being high and stupid respectively, Jake for focusing purely on Starcraft and blathering on when no one else really cares, Drew for acting superior just because she has a college degree, and Wendell for arrogantly assuming that he can handle a cartel when he can't even keep a bunch of whiny JerkAsses in check.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense: Trainy again.
- Shout-Out: Many, especially to StarCraft.
- Too Dumb to Live: The entire cast.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Doug delivers an AWESOME one to everyone in episode 5.