Bad Robots is a hidden camera series that airs on the Channel 4 channel E4 in the UK. The Excuse Plot goes that a robot named Tez One has gained sentience and after seeing how humans regularly mistreat their electronics, decided to form a company called TezCorp that puts out devices that screws humans over.
Excuse Plot aside, the show is pretty much your standard run-of-the-mill hidden camera show. Keeping with it's theme, the show's pranks involve technology that doesn't work right and screws over the victims.
The show ran two seasons with six episodes in each season, with the first season airing in 2014 and the second in 2015.
Humans, prepare to be troped over!
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Tez One became malevolent after gaining sentience.
- British Brevity: Only 6 episodes in each season, and the show lasted two seasons.
- Candid Camera Prank: The show centers around pranks that involves electronic devices misbehaving and torturing their victims somehow.
- Excuse Plot: The plot disclosed in the opening title. There is no story progression from it and the sole purpose of the plot is to justify the pranks.
- Evil, Inc.: TezCorp is pretty much this, putting out electronics that pretty much taunts and makes life difficult for humans.
- Killer Robot: Tez One is pretty much one, being the mysterious head of TezCorp and wanting to teach humanity a lesson for mistreating their electronic appliances.
- Mega-Corp: TezCorp, although the company specializes in robotics and electronics.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: The Kiddie Ride prank is practically recycled from one pulled off a decade earlier by Australian prank show Just Kidding, which was also licensed out to Just For Laughs Gags.
- Villain Protagonist: Tez One is pretty much the one running the evil megacorp that puts out the devices that screws the human victims over. The show centers around his devices torturing humans.
- Zeerust: Tez One is designed to look like a 50s era toy robot.