Aces is a story about several Asexuals and their trials in life. "Ace" is a slang term for an asexual. It centers around Tom, the mentioned 30 year old, who is still single. He has never really wanted to date, and would rather spend the evening watching TV with friends than getting laid by two promiscuous women. His mother, however wants grandchildren.
Tom has several friends, the out of the closet ace friend Rosemary, the quirky Elle, and the cool Glory.
This show provides examples of:
- Asexuality: It's the title.
- I Want Grandkids: The mother.
- Speed Dating: First episode, the mother has set up a series of quick dates for her son.
- Contrived Clumsiness:
- Tom 'fell' off the roof during the previous year's party.
- Tom's mother 'accidentally' spilled a glass of wine on Elle's shirt who had to then go change.
- Anything That Moves: The two girls with bows in their hair are implied to be this.
- Impractically Fancy Outfit: The dress Glory was looking after, and Elle winds up putting on.
- Hates Being Touched: Elle looks so terrified after getting hugged by Tom's mother.
- Fun T-Shirt: Elle wears a shirt with the Periodic Table of the Elements entries for Copper and Tellurium on it.