HELLOOOOOOOOOO all you FABULOUS Tropers out there. So honoured you could take time out of your busy schedules to visit my page. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Rarity, Element of Generosity, teacher at Twilight Sparkle's School of Friendship, older sister to Sweetie Belle, heroine of Equestria several times over, and Fashionista Extraordinaire. I run the Carousel Boutique in Ponyville, where everything you wear is guaranteed to be unique, chic, and magnifique. I also have the Canterlot Carousel in Canterlot, and Rarity For You in Manehattan.
But enough about myself currently, let's talk about how I became the pony that I am today. Fashion has always been my passion, ever since I was a filly. When I was doing costumes for my school plays, I wanted to make sure they were absolutely fabulous. Alas, I did not seem to have the right techniques for it back then (nor did I have the materials I needed). Then, one day, my unicorn magic finally activated, and I began a journey (well, more like I was dragged across the land for a day and a night) that led me to... a rock.
Now, at first, I didn't get it. I thought "A ROCK!?" But then, there was an explosion of rainbow in the sky, and the next thing I knew, the rock had cracked open, revealing a mountain of gems within. In that moment, I knew what I needed, and had what I needed, to FINALLY get the look I wanted for the costumes. The play went off wonderfully, and I'd even earned my cutie mark for it.
Eventually I grew up, as all ponies do, and opened up the Carousel Boutique in Ponyville. Life continued on for a while until the day a unicorn by the name of Twilight Sparkle came to Ponyville. Upon befriending her, Nightmare Moon returned from her imprisonment and began her reign of eternal night. From there, we began our quest into the Everfree Forest to locate the Elements Of Harmony. During our quest, we happened upon a sea serpent with FABULOUS taste, who'd tragically had half of his moustache sliced off, leaving him inconsolable. I could not allow such a crime against fabulosity to go uncorrected, so, I sacrificed my tail to restore his moustache. When there, after Nightmare Moon seemingly destroyed the Elements Of Harmony, Twilight came to the discover that I and our other compatriots were the Elements Of Harmony, with me bearing the Element of Generosity. With our combined powers, we defeated Nightmare Moon, restoring her to Princess Luna, freeing Princess Celestia, and bringing back the sun.
Now, as said earlier, I am the bearer of The Element Of Generosity. And I most certainly live up to that monikernote . I believe that a new look can do wonders to bring a smile to a pony's face, and will graciously sacrifice my time to help anypony in need.
And, as I also said, I am an older sister to young Sweetie Belle of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. We have your usual sisterly relationship, which is to say, we're prone to bicker and disagree on many a topic, but in the end, we'll be there for each other through thick and thin.
My goodness! We're being invaded by giant machines that turn into vehicles. I must say that some of them need help in getting proper paint jobs. Slime Green and Dark Purple are not suitable colors. Spikey-Wikey is an exception as he was born with them.
Look here for my main page.
These are the tropes that best describe me:
- Action Fashionista: A bit different from what you would usually mean, but no less impressive an example: on top of being highly skilled in creating fashion, I am also more than willing to get into fights if it means keeping my friends safe.
- Affectionate Nickname: My dear little friend Spike has been so kind to me, especially after he gave me that dazzling Fire Ruby, that I sometimes refer to him as Spikey-Wikey.
- And then there's Opalescence, whom I also call Opal-Wopal.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Rarity Belle. Though sometimes I wish my G3 self's French name Fabuleuse had come to me in the French dubs.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: I actually hid in the mud as part of a plan to heal a rift with Sweetie Belle, and when I shook the mud off, well... if the manufacturers of my preferred fur and mane care products had had cameras there the advertisement would have written itself!
- Big Sister Instinct: While Sweetie Belle and I don't always get along, if you harm her in any way, I won't stand for it!
- Brief Accent Imitation: Sweetie Belle really hit me with this one. I hear Rainbow Dash did, too. And then I did one of Pinkie Pie... even her bounce!
- Broken Pedestal: I can't believe I actually used to think Prince Blueblood a dreamboat!
- I also can't believe I once considered Suri Polomare to be somepony I could trust.
- Can't Take Criticism: What? Of course I can! Well, mostly. Admittedly, if you were to be particularly harsh on my work, or heaven forbid, my character, then I wouldn't be able to take it. I remember one time when some pompous snobs claimed that I was too full of myself! Why, the nerve of those ponies!
- Cool Big Sis: I try to be this to Sweetie Belle, but it doesn't always work out that way I'm afraid.
- Decomposite Character: Apparently, in the generation of our franchise that predates ours, my personality was attached to Rainbow Dash, of all ponies! In this iteration, she and I switched personalities, a change I very much see as being for the better!note
- Dowsing Device: I use my horn to locate gems in the ground.
- Drama Queen: DRAMA QUEEN!?!? HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK THAT I'M A DRAMA QUEEN!?!? *cries* I THOUGHT YOU RESPECTED ME!!
- Fancy Camping: It took me a while to get the hang of traveling light to the campsite.
- Fashion Designer: It's my calling, darling!
- Fashionista: Like I said; my passion and my art!
- Friend or Idol Decision: I admit I had this problem while making the scene being the pony everypony should know in Canterlot without neglecting my friends. Fortunately, they turned out to be very understanding about the matter for the sake of my business.
- Girly Girl: Out of all of my friends, I'm the most feminine.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: But of course, darling. Why, even my coiffure is purple.
- Hidden Depths: Did you know I can play the guitar? It's all in the wrists, Darling!
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: I'm the bearer of the Element Of Generosity, and I simply ADORE my darling cat, Opalescence. Isn't that right, Opal?note
- Kung-Fu Wizard: Yes, well, in spite of my good looks and the clear fact that I am a unicorn, when push comes to shove and I am forced to be a little aggressive, I prefer to be a bit more physical than Twilight. But don't get your view of me twisted, darling; I am still a lady, through and through.
- Leitmotif: Mine is a harpsichord. No other instrument could ever do.
- Mama Bear: I'm not Spike's mother, but I would still have torn Garble limb from limb if he'd harmed Spike.
- Oblivious to Love: A huge romantic like myself? Moi?! Surely you jest. By the way, you wouldn't happen to know where Spike's run off to? He's clearly been gathering presents for Hearts and Hooves Day and I need a fresh dose of gossip.
- Pity the Foalnapper: Those three Diamond Dogs that tried to enslave me soon implored my friends to take me back. After all, in such situations, you use the tools you have.
- Silver Blaze Scan: I can pull this off thanks to being a fan of the Shadow Spade detective series. It helped me save my dear friend Rainbow Dash's future as a Wonderbolt when that nasty Wind Rider set her up for a crime she didn't commit, all so she wouldn't break his record.
- Wacky Parent, Serious Child: My parents are rather... excitable. I try to keep a cooler head.