I assume that Dinah warned you about me?
You should've listened.
I've been not only a killer, but also a vigilante. So I have intimate knowledge on what it's like being on both sides of the fence.
I believe Barbara Gordon describes me best. Simply put, I hunt down the strongest warriors on the planet and fight them to the death bare-handed.
I should start from the beginning. I won't be long. I made my debut in 1976 in Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Master as a rival to the aforementioned martial artist. We teamed up from time to time, but given the fact that I'm an assassin-for-hire, the partnerships don't exactly last.
I was once known as Sandra Wu-San. Along with my twin sister, Carolyn, we grew up in Detroit, perfecting our martial arts. But out of the love I had for my sister, I always held back.
David Cain saw Carolyn as a crutch, a hindrance. So he removed it by killing Carolyn.
When I fought David, I realized that he was right. Carolyn was holding me back. I had so much untapped potential. David spared my life, with the caveat that I gave him a child.
When Cassandra Cain was born, Sandra Wu-San died. Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, I was reborn. Reborn as Lady Shiva.
I have met many kindred spirits who shared my love for combat. Aside from Richard Dragon, there was also The Question. I was originally paid to kill him, but I took him to Richard to unlock his full potential as a fighter.
My occupation has led to many encounters, hero and villain alike. Black Canary and I trained under the same master, albeit on seperate occasions. Through The Question, I met Batman for the first time. When Bane broke his back, I aided the man in his recovery. I've also given his third Robin some training, although his principles against using deadly force are irritatingly naive.
I even have an on-and-off relationship with the League of Assassins. Sometimes, I work with them. Other times, their interests go against my own.
I would even work with Canary and the Birds of Prey for a time, Canary trying her hardest to make me change my ways. But I can't. I do what I do because I enjoy it.
Comic Books aren't the only place where you can find me. I was one of several assassins hired to kill Batman on Christmas Eve. The money was just a bonus should he failed my tests.
I'm actually upset that I did not fight alongside Canary when she made her own fighting game debut. It also opened me up to new opportunities when she told me about Kuai Liang and the thunder god. Batman suspects that the two men in question along with Hanzo Hasashi are the same men that came from an alternative Earth in the past.
Raiden's chosen fighters have definitely sparked my interest. While Cassandra's victory over Shinnok is indeed impressive, her parents may be holding her back, I fear. Or maybe it's because of them, can she reach her true potential. But it's the Shaolin warrior Liu Kang that has caught my eye. Kitana may prove to be a challenge, but it's the Shaolin that I'm after. Perhaps he will give me the fight of my life. We do have something in common: seeing that cackling jackass put down like the rabid animal that he is. Batman refuses to do so because of his self-imposed restraint. Too bad that has ruined lives than helped them.
Akuma, from what I can tell, is a kindred spirit. Perhaps one day we should trade notes... before our fateful duel.
Think you are worthy, troper? We'll see if you can pass my test.
- Absolute Cleavage: My debut in Richard Dragon: Kung Fu Fighter had me showing off my chest ala Power Girl.
- Action Mom: Cassandra Cain is my daughter. However, I wasn't much of a mother to her growing up. I'm trying to make amends. Sort of.
- The Ace: I'm the best martial artist in the DC Universe. Richard Dragon is probably the only man I consider to be my equal. My daughter, however, has surpassed me in skill. Most impressive, Cassandra.
- Affably Evil: Towards an opponent who has sparked my interest. Otherwise...
- A God Am I: There is actually a cult that worships me as a Goddess. They have their uses at times, especially as a distraction.
- Angsty Surviving Twin: After David killed Carolyn.
- Ambiguously Human: Oh, I'm very much human. The same can be said regarding Cassandra. Regarding our exploits and as to how we are able to do them? Years of training and physical conditioning.
- Anti-Hero: When I'm not a villain outright.
- Antagonist in Mourning: In all honesty, I should be dead. During my final match against Richard, one of my men interfered in the fight, and I killed him in retaliation. Had my man not interfered, then I would be dead from Richard's most lethal attack, the Leopard Blow. I was able to kill Richard, but the victory was a hollow one. I should have lost.
- Arch-Enemy: That, and on occasion, teaming up with Vic Sage, Richard Dragon and Barbara Gordon.
- Arrogant Martial Arts Gal: Not arrogant when you can back it up, troper.
- Asian Baby Mama: In a sense. I left Cassandra to David and to her own designs for seventeen years before I caught up with her again.
- Badass Longcoat: Something I adopted back in the 90s. I admit I look good in it, as it's become a trademark of mine.
- Blood Knight: To find that one opponent that can best me, and succeed me..that's my goal.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: I'm kinda weird this way, but unless someone permits me to kill them, then I wont do it. While I avoid most people, there are those that I respect, mainly those who are good at their jobs.
- Breakout Villain: Shocking, I know. I'm one of the few villains that even Batman himself dreads.
- The Corrupter: David Cain was the Palpatine to my Anakin, killing my sister to awaken my potential.
- Dark Action Girl: The best DC has to offer.
- Dark Is Evil: And I look good wearing black.
- Death Seeker: Twice; the first with Richard, the second with Cassandra.
- Dragon Lady: Seems that the cult that follows me around have reason to celebrate, as I have ascended due to this trope.
- Depending on the Writer: Sometimes, I'm an assassin. Other times, I'm a fighter merely honing her craft. Other times, I don't give a shit about what other people think of me.
- The Dreaded: Just the mention of my name is enough for anyone who knows of me to reconsider being in the same town as I am.
- Duel to the Death: It's what I'm known for. I'm surprised that I didn't get an invite to Mortal Kombat. I'm sure I'd fit right in.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Don't try and manipulate me. Seriously, don't.
- Evil Mentor: I've played the role. Among those I mentored are my daughter, Tim Drake, Dinah Lance and even the Dark Knight himself.
- Finishing Move: The Leopard Blow, consisting of ramming two fingers into a weapon point via the eye sockets.
- Friendly Enemy: Something like that to Richard Dragon. (sigh) I just wish Canary doesn't use our association to try and convince me to change my ways.
- The Gift: I can read your every move and react accordingly. Cassandra can do the same thing.
- The Greatest Style: My style has no name.
- Hates Being Touched: Any who dares intrude unto my person will receive an anatomy lesson about bone structure that they will never forget.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Sometimes, I flirt with being a hero. But my bad habits tend to pull be back into villain territory.
- Hero Killer: My body count includes Richard Dragon, Cassandra Cain, and Vic Sage. I did revive the latter two, though.
- Honor Among Thieves: For your sake, don't break it.
- In Love with Your Carnage: I was drawn to Richard Dragon because the man is basically a violence-magnet. I myself was on the receiving end of this because David Cain fell in love with the carnage I am capable of.
- Invincible Villain: You flatter me, but yes, for the most part, that is true.
- It Only Works Once: If you try a move I haven't seen on me and it doesn't kill me, you won't get a second chance.
- It's Personal: Never harm my sensei or my students. Regarding my students, harming them is my job.
- Killing Intent: If you feel a sudden chill in the air, it's not Kolin or Kuai Liang. It's me.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Against someone the likes of Superman or Darkseid for example, I have no chance.
- Lady of War: When I fight, I am graceful and elegant. There is no wasted movement on my part. I am professional and direct.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: If there are stipulations in a fight, I will honor them. You have my word. Should you try and cheat to win, then all bets are off.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Cassandra Cain is my daughter. Eventually, she will succeed me.
- Martial Medic: A good, hard punch to the chest will bring anyone Back from the Dead.
- Mighty Whitey and Mellow Yellow:
- Flipped on its head with my interactions with Richard Dragon. He was the calm one, and I was the hothead.
- David Cain is another story. I thanked him for setting me free by letting him knock me up, resulting in Cassandra.
- Morality Pet: Oh, Dinah. One of these days, I'm gonna break you out of that habit.
- Ms. Fanservice: (grins wryly) I remember one moment in which I was helping Nrice recover from Bane in which Bruce admits that while I am the "sexiest woman alive," he'd rather not have his limbs broken before training.
- Mugging the Monster: A gang of bikers tried this on me. Three guesses as to what had happened next.
- My Kung Fu Is Stronger Than Yours: To the point that people come to me for training.
- Noble Demon: I'm an assassin with a strict moral code. I know it sounds contradictory, but it's still me.
- Odd Friendship: Would you believe that I'm on speaking terms with Dinah Lance? At times, we're still enemies, but when I'm not trying to kill or convert her, we sometimes hit the bar or train together.
- Old Master: My godfather, O-sensei.
- Older Than They Look: I look young, but bear in mind that I have a 17-year-old daughter.
- One Woman Army: Me against 20 men? If you send that many men after me, try not to forget the body bags.
- Pregnant Badass: Even while I was carrying Cassandra to term, I could still kick her father's ass.
- Professional Killer: My occupation. I'm not like Agent 47. I just do it for the thrills and to find strong opponents.
- Red Herring: I tangled with Batman in Lebanon. Apparently, the second Robin thought I could be his birth mother, but I never had a baby in Gotham. It took truth serum to drag that out of me, though.
- The Rival: Black Canary, to a certain degree.
- Rogues Gallery Transplant: I was the rogue/ally to Richard Dragon before moving on to the main roster of DC rogues.
- She's Got Legs: Well...yeah. During my stint as the Jade Canary, I borrowed a pair of Dinah's fishnets. Never again.
- Shrouded in Myth: Even those who are about to die by my hand consider it to be a great honor.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Woosan, Wusan, Wu-San. Just make up your damn mind already!
- Stalker with a Test Tube: The caveat that David demanded in exchange for soaring my life.
- That Man Is Dead: I told you once already, troper. Sandra Wu-San died when Cassandra Cain was born.
- Start of Darkness: Mine started when David killed my sister, as he believed Carolyn was holding me back. He was right.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Whenever I'm working with a hero, they ask me to keep my bloodlust in check. Since they asked nicely, I do so. For the most part.
- Training from Hell: Prepare yourself should you come seeking instruction from me. I will make you suffer in order for you to reach your full potential.
- World's Best Warrior: In a fair fight, I can beat almost anyone who isn't someone like Superman or Wonder Woman.
- Worthy Opponent: My ultimate goal. I travel the world, experience different cultures and beat strong fighters to death.