*munch* *munch* Hmm? Who the hell are you? Piss off!
...What? You're here to ask me about me? Hmph! Why the hell should I tell you about things I don't want you to hear? *crack* *munch*
So you're a fan of that Madoka show that I'm from starrin' that rookie Sayaka's pinkheaded friend? Wait, you're watching that show for Homura and not for ME?! Well, I do respect her, but I don't get why you're findin' her more cool and badass than yours truly. After all, I'm the only one who does things right in this world when it comes to being a magical girl. *crunch crunch*
*stops eating for a second*
...Okay, if you really want to hear about me, I'll tell you, but make it quick. I'm a veteran magical girl, but I don't do what I do to help others. The only way I do things is to help myself. Like when I told that rookie Sayaka that it's best to let a familiar eat a few more humans to become a witch so you can get a Grief Seed from slaying it. And I do have a good reason for this, but I don't feel like telling you right now. And don't you ask! Or if you really do care about me enough to find out, then you'd read the rest of the page and highlight all the spoilers. But don't do it until you've finished watching the show! Or I WILL kill you.
My weapon is a halberd that can separate into chained-together segments. Best thing for slaying witches with, since it's got range and flexibility too, and doubles as a chain-rope-thing that I can trap things with. *snarf*
So there's my past, but I already told you what I think of tellin' you that. If you're nice enough to me, I'll letcha read on. Anyway, I made a contract with Kyubey to become a magical girl. (You'll find out why). I go around town slaying witches just because I can, mostly to collect their Grief Seeds. Then one day, some rookie magical girl Sayaka started infringin' on my territory (which I inherited from my old friend Mami), and everything changed from there. (Again.) So I meet Sayaka and her pinkheaded friend and fight them to the death, until I actually do kill her, somehow. And then Kyubey reveals the truth - magical girls are just zombies, basically. So, as a zombie, I try to make the most of my life, once again. I start helping Homura and the others, helping to plan an attack on Walpurgisnacht and stuff. Then I watch poor Sayaka break down, until finally, she becomes even more of a wreck than I was and turns into a witch. I have no choice then but to protect Homura and pinkhead (who I now befriend and know as Madoka), and sacrifice myself to go down with Sayaka. But I'm Back from the Dead after Madoka saves the day by wishing all witches out of existence, fightin' wraiths like nobody's business alongside Homura and Mami.
In Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion, I'm back. And I go to school or somethin'. It's because I become trapped in some dream world that Homura thought up where we sappily fight as the "Puella Magi Holy Quintet" or some shit like that like some moeshit Sailor Moon show. Here, I think I'm livin' a normal happy life, but it turns out that we're trapped in Homura's witch labyrinth and Mami and I got brainwashed, something (to my credit) I helped her to find out. On the plus side, I'm livin' with Sayaka... Not that I enjoy it or anything!
There's also that spinoff manga where I don't appear much, but you don't really care about that, do you? What you do care about is that other spinoff with my apprentice, Yuma Chitose. Mami and I appear a lot more in that one, and I get to show my softer side and take in Yuma as her guardian, just like I did with my sister before that nasty shit happened. And there's that ''other'' spinoff, where yours truly gets to have another chance with my old sempai Mami. It doesn't end well.
*munch* So what are you here for, huh? The tropes? Okay, here they are. The page is still a work in progress, so you can add your own, but make sure they don't say anything bad about me! Except if they're about things I want to leave behind.
*hands you an apple*
And oh yeah, don't you dare confuse me with that German girl who thinks she's so much better than me with her giant robot and crap! You say that I remind a lot of people about her? Who the hell cares?! *munch*
Here are my tropes, dumbass:
- A Day in the Limelight: The first few chapters of Oriko Magica give me a huge chance to show off my badassery and my kindness towards kids.
- Another one about me is that drama CD and its manga. It's got Mami in it too.
- Anti-Hero: So after I started to change my ways after Kyubey's ugly truth instilled a smidge of sympathy in me for Sayaka, I became more of a Knight in Sour Armor. I tried to help her out - she shoulda listened to me and followed my selfish way of life - since otherwise she'd just have ended up hurting others, which is what happened.
- Ax-Crazy: Initially, somewhat. It is more fun to be that way.
- Back from the Dead: In the Grand Finale. Sayaka's pinkheaded friend Madoka revived me with her wish since I died fighting a witch.
- Badass Adorable: Badass, check. Adorable, check. You can probably say that about any of the other Puella Magi, but I embody the best of both. *crunch*
- Badass Decay: Apparently, according to the Rebellion movie, based on my ideals, I become an ordinary schoolgirl in Homura's dream world who goes to school happily. I just fight with the team as a supportin' member, with none of the badass qualities that made me awesomely twisted or sympathetic in the first place. Though this should be a good thing, it makes me less fearsome and competent than Sayaka, and I'm pretty much reduced to her sidekick... but the perks of livin' together with her are great! And I bet a lot of you guys (and girls) wanted to see me in that school uniform too, you naughty people.
- Bare Your Midriff: A lot of art work - both official and fan - shows me wearing a belly shirt underneath my jacket.
- Bash Sisters: I fight this way with Sayaka in Rebellion, and even get her witch form to use a giant version of my spear. Though I don't get ta go berserk on everything, it still is awesome.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever waste food in my presence or I WILL kill you.
- Better to Die than Be Killed: After finding out the whole Awful Truth and unable to save Witch!Sayaka, I basically had two choices: To destroy her Soul Gem in a final attack to put Sayaka out of her misery and die together, or win the fight the usual way and still become a Witch sooner or later and be killed by a Mahou Shoujo and die alone. I wanted to atone for my past, so guess which one I picked? I said I wanted to atone, you moron.
- Big Damn Heroes: I do this a lot, but don't take it personally. What pisses me off is when other people do this to me, like when Homura saved Sayaka from me. But then I saved Sayaka from Elsa Maria, and again from a very pissed-off Homura. And then I top it off by protecting Madoka and Homura's escape from Witch!Sayaka... By goin' out with a bang. So give me some credit here.
- Big Eater: Hey, you'd have a huge thing for devouring any food too if you grew up impoverished with little to eat! I just appreciate food more than others.
- Blade on a Stick: I use a spear.
- Blood Knight: I've already got enough grief seeds on hand to last a freakin' lifetime. But I like fighting, and I'm damn good at it, so nowadays I pretty much just kill witches for the fun.
- Calling Your Attacks: I don't do this in the anime, but in the third drama CD, Mami insists on callin' my Doppelgänger Attack "Rossa Fantasma" - literally "Red Phantom". I actually do say it once during battle, but find it freakin' hilarious since I really can't take it seriously. Did it again during 'Rebellion' when we were all fighting the Nightmare: 'chain barrier' or some shit like that?
- Catchphrase: If ya didn't get the hint, I often ask people "You want some?" ("Kuu kai?" in Japanese) when offering 'em some of my food. Give it back if you don't want it, I can take 'no' for an answer, but don't you DARE fucking waste it.
- Chekhov's Gunman: So I appear in the title and credits sequences before actually appearing in the series. Probably because the nice guys who write my story would be too ashamed to put me in the series when it's pretendin' to be all sunshine and rainbows. I might be the magical girl that Kyubey and Mami talk about in Episode 3, who made a wish for someone else. This is all but confirmed in the third drama CD.
- Cluster F-Bomb / Obligatory Swearing: Fuck yes. At least in some translations.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: I showed Sayaka how much of a newbie she was by thrashing her sorry ass with my superior skills and power in our first encounter! Hell of a lot of fight in her, though...little moron just wouldn't stay down.
- Cute Little Fangs: Ya they're cute! Look at 'em!
- Cynicism Catalyst: I made a shortsighted wish to bring followers to my father's congregation. When he realized what was going on, he killed the rest of the family. After this, I... I couldn't... so I decided not to help others again. From then on, I'd work for myself and only myself.
- Dark Action Girl: Well, fucking duh. Y'think I'm just some boring, goody-goody Action Girl wannabe like that Sayaka rookie? Alright, I get a little less dark later, but...
- Dark and Troubled Past: Let me explain. My father was a priest, but they excommunicated him for "heresy" and my family fell in poverty as he couldn't support us anymore. So I used my wish to get more followers for him...but when he found out it was just magic and not his ideas and words, he went crazy and killed himself and the entire family, leaving me as the only survivor...
- Darker and Edgier: Than the other main characters. Which makes me cooler by default.
- Death Equals Redemption: I finally decided to change my ways (slowly), first after realizing that Magical Girls are just zombies, and that I might as well be doin' something to remedy this situation, even a little. Finally, I made a Heroic Sacrifice to put the bewitched Sayaka out of her misery. I even get my final moment of clarity, where I realize that I've always been wanting to protect someone.
- Depower / Doppelgänger Attack: I used to be able to create illusory copies of myself, kinda like that stupid Naruto kid, but I lost this power when my family died. It's all in the third drama CD.
- Despair Event Horizon: After becoming the sole survivor of a Pater Familicide committed by my father. But after Kyubey lets slip the Awful Truth, I get more and more of my humanity back, subverting this.
- However, in the PSP game, if you're Homura, you'd better not defeat Oktavia before I can save what's left of Sayaka, or you might damn me to becoming a witch myself - a witch called Ophelia.
- Died Happily Ever After: It was going to be eventual fate, following Madoka's wish. Like Mami, it wasn't supposed to happen until after Homura reunited with Madoka in Heaven...but then Homura got her own ideas. Now I don't know what will happen.
- Dying Curse: In the PSP game, if you're Homura and you dare kill that idiot Sayaka before I at least have chance to talk to her, I'll have nothing to care about, and I'll curse everything on earth before I become a witch and tear you apart! Although in one of the routes, where Mami is still alive, I will be able to stop myself from becoming a witch and possibly help you fight Walpurgisnacht despite Sayaka's death.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: I choose an outfit kinda like this for my fighting outfit, kind of a cross between this and Showgirl Skirt.
- Evil Redhead: Get this through your head, dumbass. Red is a cool, evil color. I have red hair. Black is also a cool, evil color, and Homura has black hair, but my hair color is way more unique. Though in her case, it makes sense later.
- Evil Sounds Deep/Contralto of Danger: My voice wasn't always this sexy. Believe it or not, I had a pretty typical girly voice. Well before all that shit happened anyway. Though it ain't deep like Darth Vader (a pile of pretentious black melodramatic shit compared to his much crazier predecessor - hint, hint), it's still pretty friggin deeper than it used to be.
- Expy: So I'm kinda a cross between that Asuka girl everyone talks about and that Emile guy from Reach (PLAY THAT GAME, IT'S FUCKING AWESOME), with a touch of Darth Maul.
- Like Asuka, I'm an abrasive redhead who wields a lance, and my father killed himself just like Asuka's mother did. The real kicker here is that Asuka's mom's name is also Kyoko. Heh.
- Like Emile, I'm a Blood Knight, Ax-Crazy, Sociopathic Hero, a Psycho for Hire who cares nothing more than killing enemies, and I serve as The Lancer and Token Evil Teammate of the five Puella Magi. So in other words, I'm the best character on the show (in my humble opinion).
- Hell, if you didn't get the hint above (and you must be a complete moron to not have gotten it), I'm also basically a sexier and prettier Darth Maul before my HeelFace Turn. We both use red (best color!) as our primary color, wield a red-bladed polearm, and are Axe-Crazy Blood Knights hell-bent on killing anything in our path, be it Jedi or witches and rival Puella Magi.
- Face Death with Dignity: I pray to God just before I pass away, to tell him how my life sucked and, for once, how I'd like to have a happy dream...
- Fallen Heroine: I used to be a Church Militant, sort of. But then I learned how stupid heroism is. But then Sayaka broke and I couldn't help just feeling a bit sorry for her, leading me to a HeelFace Turn.
- Fiery Redhead: If it wasn't obvious from the red hair, I'm abrasive and hotheaded. Don't try to change me or I'll kill you.
- Freudian Excuse: Wonder why I'm always eating? It's because my family constantly starved after my father was excommunicated for "heresy", and we barely got enough to eat. In the manga, you even learn that I learned to punish people for wasting food from my mother. And of course, I'm only a selfish Jerkass because my unselfish wish led to my maddened dad killing my whole family except for me.
- Friend to All Children: Yeah, I know, I'm a complete jerk bordering on evil, but I do have a soft spot for kids, as seen in Puella Magi Madoka Magica Portable and Oriko Magica.
- Headless Horsewoman: Apparently, my witch form simply has a flame in place of where the head is. Dear God, the Irony...note
- HeelFace Turn: Complete with a near-Precision Bitch Strike as soon as Kyubey lets slip the Awful Truth. From then on, I decided to prevent my friends from suffering Sayaka's fate, to the point where I shatter my own Soul Gem after evacuating Homura and Madoka from the vicinity, so they don't get caught in the resulting blast that kills both me and and Sayaka.
- Heroes Gone Fishing: Homura once meets up with me when I'm playin' Dog Drug Reinforcement.
- Heroic Sacrifice: I do this to Mercy Kill Sayaka, also so she doesn't have to die alone.
- In The Different Story, I use Oktavia's Grief Seed to cleanse Mami's Soul Gem, but this leaves me without another one to use on herself, and I die while fighting another Witch later.
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: What?! Who put this on here?! I ain't goin' home with nobody, ya sick bastards! I...what's this? You say you'll feed me endlessly? Hmm.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: I try to do this with Madoka's help in a desperate attempt to save Sayaka after she turns into a Witch. It fails and I have to kill Sayaka along with myself.
- Image Song: "And I'm Home", shared with Sayaka. It is a sad song, so they used it as the ending for the episode where I sacrifice herself to save her, which fits the theme. Let's sing along, everyone! Sabitsuita kokoro, otomonai sekai, nani o miteruno? Matane o ieru kao o sagasuyo...
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: In the manga, during the fight with Oktavia von Seckendorff.
- Ironic Echo: When I first encountered Oktavia (Sayaka's witch form), I got rescued by Homura because I was carrying Sayaka (or was it just her corpse?) and had no way to defend myself. When I refused to drop Sayaka, Homura called her a hindrance. During our futile attempt to bring Sayaka back from being a witch, after getting injured I leave an unconscious Madoka to Homura, before telling them to leave because Homura would not be able to fight with a hindrance like me, before making the Heroic Sacrifice.
- Irony: My father was a religious man, and I fought witches in secret, but he accused me of being one. And instead of killing me for it, he burned himself, my mother and my younger sister, along with the church.
- It's All About Me: Of course! Magical girls should only use powers for their own ends, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron and doing themselves in. But to be honest, I told Sayaka this for her own good, and then I tried to help her against a witch. It's an interesting dichotomy, to say the least.
- Jerkass: *snarf* What, were you expectin' me not to be one? Go to hell. Seriously, I suggested letting familiars eat other worthless humans to become full-fledged witches and even advised to Sayaka to break her lover's body to keep a leash on that guy.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Though I'm not completely heartless, as Sayaka can attest.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Don't ask where I get my food!
- Knight of Cerebus: While that witch who ate Mami did most of the work, the series kept getting darker after I showed up. Probably because I was the only one who didn't care about teamwork and friendship and that crap and just left people to die, at first.
- Lady in Red: Red hair, red shoes, dress, Soul Gem, red marks on my spear...my Magical Girl form's pretty damn red. I try to mix it up a bit off-duty, though.
- Lady Swears A Lot: If you haven't gathered (in other words, if you've got shit for brains), my language is quite filthy. At best, my Japanese is inappropriately masculine, which I'm proud of. *slurp* At my worst though...
- The Lancer: I act like this to Homura. Also literally, because of my weapon, dumbass.
- Leitmotif: "Anima mala", which means "Evil Soul". The name is totally badass and the theme is weird and menacing, which suits me perfectly. Do I deserve any less? Oh, and that tribal remix it got for "Rebellion?" Kickass.
- In the video game based on our little group, I get a different one, and it's just as rocking and badass as I am! It's called "Prex" - "Prayer". Not that I would ever actually pray. Father believed in God, and how was he rewarded for his faith?
- Magical Girl: One of the best fucking examples, period.
- Meaningful Name: My name means 'apricot' , while my sisters name, 'Momo' meant 'peach'. Apricots apparently symbolize female beauty, which I have. It's also a symbol of strength achieved through struggles with adversity.And also, 'Sakura' is another name for the cherry blossom, which represent the transcience of life. Very fitting if you consider my backstory.
- Our Zombies Are Different: What I apparently am, too. Kyubey shocked me at first with it, but meh, I don't really care much.note
- Our Liches Are Different: Well, we use magic and we do have Soul Jars, after all. A bit messed up, but still kinda cool at the same time, really. It's what comes after that's really not cool.
- Pet the Dog: If you thought I was a total bitch, think again...dumbass.
- Psycho for Hire: Initially.
- Ship Tease: I might have a crush on Sayaka... and Mami Don't tell anyone or I'll kill you!
- Heroes Want Redheads: Inverted at least in Sayaka's case! Though the shippers do justice to our "relationship". I love readin' the things they come up with!
- Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Trailer: I didn't get shown in any of the official art until the show started airing. Back when I popped up in the opening, nobody knew who I was! Friggin' marketers...
- Single Tear: Wh-NO! HUH? NO! You're talking about that fight against Homura's witch, right? That was SWEAT, dumbass! I was fighting and...you know what? Screw it. I admit it. Sayaka's words...man, they got me right here, ya know?
- B-but it's not like we are some lesbos you damn idiots! I mean lots of magical girls hold hands sometimes, often in more pervy circumstances! And it doesn't mean they want to screw each other in bed!
- Social Darwinist: Ever heard about the food chain? You should have learned about it in school. Witches eat weak humans. And in turn, we eat those witches. It's the basic rule of this world.
- Spell My Name with an "S": "Kyoko", "Kyouko" and "Kyōko" are all technically correct, though most official romanji-things use "Kyoko". Personally, I just use "杏子".
- Tempting Apple: When I'm explaining my backstory, I munch on a bag of apples (fuckin' Sayaka almost wasted one). The symbolism is probably intentional.
- Tomboy: Who needs all that girly crap? Meh. *munch munch*
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: To Mami's Girly Girl.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Makes me look like fellow bad-ass tomboy Touko, who you WcDonalds-eating waito piggu gaijins probably know as Hilda (SHUT THE FUCK UP, 4KIDS!)
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: OK, I'll admit to using the rather feminine "atashi" in the first person, but that's simply a carryover from before I lost my family! Sayaka's got the bigger girly streak! Mine's no bigger than a gnat's wing, I'll have you know!
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ooh, where to begin? I like Apples, and Rocky... fuck, who cares? I like them all.
- Villain Song: Nope, sadly. As much fun as it would have been for me to get one, my Image Song duet with Sayaka applies to after I decided to be not-so-nasty.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Apparently my Magical Girl outfit ranks Grade B or something silly like that.
- *grabs the apple you just accidentally dropped and lifts you by the neck*