I am Gruntilda, Gruntilda the witch! Such a good and evil name that will cause you to twitch! I am the Big Bad of the bear and bird's stupid game. "Banjo-Kazooie".... ugh how lame! My evil plan came me to day. It was about my good looks, what can I say? However, I was told I wasn't the best looking. Banjo's stupid sister was, so a plan I had cooking! I wanted to steal her looks for myself, and it was a plan that didn't require stealth! I swiped up that little bear with much ease, I can then steal her beauty and do with it whatever I please! My faithful assistant Klungo was by my side, and all he needed was to pull the lever to begin the ride! My plan was nearly successful it was, but here comes the bear and bird just because! They managed to clear my Furnace Fun, I had no choice but to run, run, run! At the top of my tower our battle we had, I ended up losing! How very sad! Down from my tower I graciously fell, into the ground with a rock blocking me, oh well. I stay there for years, what a hooey. Until I made my comeback in Banjo-Tooie!
Bah... for the sake of the second game, I won't be speaking in my rhymes. My sister Mingella was annoyed by how much I spoke by rhymes in the game and, frankly, I could see why. Anywho, after being trapped under that rock for a long time, said sisters Mingella and Blobbelda finally came to my rescue in what would be known as the Hag 1. I was finally free! At the cost of my body! Nothing but bones is what I was devolved into... I was so upset especially after seeing that stupid shaman Mumbo Jumbo spying on us and I decided to take matters into my own hands! I chased that skeletal freak to Banjo's house where I was prepared to kill 4 birds (one of them was an actual bird) with one stone with my most powerful blase! Unfortunately, I missed Banjo, Kazooie, and the shaman but I got that stupid mole Bottles instead! A good way to show I mean business this time! After that, I went back with my sisters on the Hag 1 (leaving Klungo behind so he can take care of the stupid bear and bird) so I came up with a much more devious plan to get back my youth! Well, I guess my sisters should be taking the credit but whatever! This device was known as the Big-O-Blaster (or B.O.B. for short) that had the power to drain the lifeforce from others and store it! I was so enthralled by the device that I decided to test it out on the person that gave that stupid bear his first Jiggly: King Jingling. His life was drained and it turn him into a zombie! Serves him right! B.O.B. was successful and I wanted to blast the entire island by my sis said it would've took a long time but I have patience so I could wait!
Like with my first appearance, my role once those "story-scripted events" ends is shortened as I'm on the sidelines until Banjo gets enough Jiggies to access my lair. Sadly, my random rhymes are taken away but I am still the focus of the game I assure you. After Banjo and Kazooie finally make it to my lair, they must pass by my glorious Tower of Tragedy quiz! They had to play alongside my two sisters with 100 ton weights over top of them! If you have less points, you'll get crushed! Of course my intention was to get the bear and bird thinking they're too stupid to pass my quiz, but, alas, I lost my two sisters instead. Oh well. Sacrifices must be made in order to further my own goals! *laughs evilly* Anywho, like with the first game, I escaped to the top of my lair where I eventually fought the duo in my tank, the Hag 1! And I certainly gave them a run for their money this time! Unfortunately, I was defeated yet again and I reduced to a head being kicked around... I mentioned that I'll get them back in Banjo-Thereeie but that never came to be...
Ahem! Enough of all of the Banjo-Tooie times! Time for me to get by to my rhymes! My series found a new home, I supposed that rocks. On a system known as "X-box". Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is the name. It's certainly different from any other game. A game about racing, no platfroming at all. Our series took a hit, harder than my fall. A new character named L.O.G., such a dumb name. He purposely changed our series because he felt it was the same. He gave me robotic body instead of a new one. But promised me greatness if I won! I had a new assistant, a cat named Piddles. She's so tricky, even more than my riddles! Alas, despite my fight, I lost at the end. Forced to work in L.O.G.'s factory, I hate this trend!
Read my tropes, if you dare! I promise that you'll be in for a scare!
- Ambiguously Human: Am I a human? You cannot tell. Especially my skeletal and robotic bodies, oh well.
- And I Must Scream: Being trapped under that boulder for two years was not fun. It wouldn't have happened if I won!
- Ax-Crazy: I lost my sanity after being trapped underground. I'm playing for serious this time around!
- Bad Boss: How dare you Klungo, lose to the bear and bird? Many beatings I've given him that he couldn't utter a word! Oh my precious sisters, they failed me as well. After losing my quiz, I crushed them, as you can tell.
- Badass Boast: My rhymes help making my boasts sound tough! I say them right before I get rough!
- Big Bad: I am the game's biggest foe. Who always faces the duo toe-to-toe!
- Big Eater: I planned on doing this if I could win. The prize to myself for being thin!Me: When I'm nice and slim once more, burgers, fries, and chips galore!
- Bond Villain Stupidity: I was close to draining Tooty's fair, except I allowed that bear loose in my lair. If only I let that machine run, then I would've most certainly won!
- Dark Action Girl: My magic skills are a sight to behold, I got to kill that mole I was told!
- Deflector Shields: I had the fight won with my impenetrable shield. So the Jingos that the bear and bird were forced to wield.
- Determinator: I WILL destroy that pesky bear and bird! Even as a skeleton or head, you've heard!
- Dem Bones: My glorious flesh rotted away for a few years, nothing but bones as I have appear.
- Embarrassing Last Name: Stop laughing at my last time being "Winkybunion"! I'm not crying, it's just the onion...
- Even Evil Has Standards:
Me: I can't believe you went in there, now wash your hands, filthy bear!
- That bear's love for being dirty makes me so mean! I'll make sure he gets nice and clean!
- Go ahead! Cheat! If you dare! I'll erase your game pak and you'll start back in my lair!
- Evil Laugh: My wonderful cackle will haunt your dreams. A Game Over you will hear this a lot, as it seems!
- Fairest of Them All: Indeed! I am! Or so I thought. Stealing Tooty's beauty was the first game's plot.
- Fat Bastard: Don't call me fat! How rude are you?! But mean I am, this is true.
- Final Boss: I'm always the final ultimate threat! Just come to my lair and face me, you'll regret!
- Fireball: When my magic fails, I was forced to use fire. It was then I knew my situation was dire!
- Game Over Girl: Huh, lost the game? Don't feel beat! After all, you get to have a gander at little 'ol me!
- Good Witch Versus Bad Witch: I'm indeed the bad witch, I love it a lot. Brentilda's the good witch... even though she's green like snot!
- Green and Mean: I like this trope! It's rhyme is on spot. Green I am yes, but nice I'm surely not!
- Homing Projectile: One of my strongest spells follows you around! Followed by a screaming, oh what a sound!
- Honor Before Reason: Fine. I'll admit, if you get my quiz questions right. I'll slow down my spell and hold back my might.
- Hot Witch: If you Game Over, you're in for a sight! A sexy Grunty sure isn't a fright!
- I Am Big Boned: I'm not fat, my body is just big! I'm not so chubby like fat disgusting pig! Although, in Tooie, this trope is quite literal. I know my body is a skeleton now, must you be so critical?
- Jerkass: I take much pleasure in being a jerk, it's my favorite form of work!
- Laughably Evil: How dare you think that I am funny!? It's not my fault my rhymes are so punny.
- Made of Iron: A fall from my tower? I've been through worse. I'm alive even as a skeleton, it must be a curse!
- Motive Decay: I wanted Tooty's beauty, but not any more! Now I wanted to kill the bear and bird and settle the score!
- Nose Nuggets: I love to pick my nose, I don't care if it makes you sick. Using a technique known as "pick and flick".
- Our Liches Are Different: A lich you say? Interesting indeed. But I posses no undead powers, can't you read?
- A Pupil of Mine, Until She Turned to Evil: Right. I used to be that dumb shaman's assistant. But I turned on him and he keeps trying to stop me, he's so persistent!
- Rhymes on a Dime: Rhyming is my most character defining trait, too bad in the second game I had to wait. My sisters were annoyed by my constant rhymes, so I had to stop using them. Such cruel times! After crushing those two stupid dolts, I went back to rhyming in Nuts & Bolts!
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: Even women like me is not safe from pain and that's not fair! Just look what happened to me after I fell from my lair!
- Spanner in the Works: Foolish L.O.G. you think my factory punishment was so bad? I now have the resources to make my own game, I'm so glad!
- The Sociopath: I care for only myself, no one else gets sympathy! The perfect trope to describe this as Lack of Empathy.
- Supernatural Is Purple: Purple is part of any witches normal gear. With my amazing powers, I can make you disappear!
- Vain Sorceress: My beauty knows no bounds! It's not as crazy as it sounds!
- We Will Meet Again: You think I'm done? How foolish can you be?! I'll be back in the next game, just you wait and see!
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: Yes I am! Just look at the bad end! I'm very beautiful, and it's not for pretend!