EEEEEEEEEK! Wh-wh-who's there? What do you wa- ...oh. Visitors? Knocking in my cottage's door?? ...um, sorry if I startled you for a moment, I get scared quite easily. I don't interact much with people. Please, come on in, if you want to... and make yourselves comfortable.
Alright, so here's a bit of tea for you to drink up, and... oh, sorry! Did you have anything to say? Talk about... me...? ...o-o-okay, Tropers, but only because you politely asked. My name is... Fluttershy... and I'm the Element of Kindness. I'm a pretty shy pony that loves to take care of animals that come to my cottage. I've also helped my big friend, the Princess Twilight Sparkle, save Equestria many times. I even reformed a big threat to Equestria in Discord, and now he's on our side.
...what? How did I come to this? Um, let me remember... so I was a filly back then and lived on Cloudsdale. Honestly, I was a weak flier, plus I was afraid of heights and couldn't lift my body off the ground. This led to... bullies... mocking me off for that... when I was at a summer flight camp... *(sniff)* ...but, you know what? My friend Rainbow Dash stood up for me, and once even challenged the bullies to a race. But they accidentally pushed me away when the race started, and I fell to the world below...
I couldn't lift my body off with my wings due to the fear, but fortunately, a group of passing butterflies saved me, and I discovered nature and animals for the first time in my life, and was finally able to fly! I even sang a song about it! Then a rainbow-colored explosion happened and the animals outside hid in fear. But I comforted them and convinced them to come out again. Discovering my ability to talk to animals on a different level is what earned my cutie mark!
I eventually grew up, but still remained very shy, only going out for groceries when I needed to, and caring for the animals in my cottage. I even adopted my own personal pet, a white bunny who I called Angel. Then one day... I met Twilight Sparkle, who just came to Ponyville. My shyness kicked in, again... but then this little baby dragon, Spike, appeared and I was enthusled! I befriended both in a moment, but then an evil alicorn by the name of Nightmare Moon appeared, having returned from imprisonment, and caused night to never go away...
I followed her and her new friends to find the Elements of Harmony to... this very scary place... the... *(gulp)* ...Everfree Forest. A manticore appeared, and the others caused such a hubbub trying to subdue it. But I silently approached it, and saw the cause of its aggressiveness: a thorn on its paw. I removed it and won its trust, and it left us alone. We eventually confronted Nightmare Moon, and she destroyed the Elements of Harmony. But Twilight discovered from our actions that we encompassed such elements, with me bearing the Element of Kindness. With our combined powers, we put Nightmare Moon down and restored her to Princess Luna, freed Princess Celestia, and brought back the sun.
...I haven't bored you all yet, right? ...oh, okay, good to know. I was just asking. Anyways, I bear the Element of Kindness, so it's on me to be a good person to mostly everyone I meet. I used to be a doormat, even... but hey! I do have my moments where I can stand up by myself, so don't think you can hurt my friends or nature just because you think you can. I will stare you down until you show repentance.
If you don't mind... and, for better results, you could read my page in the voice of Andrea Libman. After all, she gave my voice life.
Read the Tropes that apply to me... if that's alright with you...
- Acrophobic Bird: Like I said, when I was a filly, I was afraid of heights and was a weak flier. But as I grew up, I became more capable of flying faster and got over the fear of heights. Mostly...
- Adorkable: Well, the way I generally act apparently qualifies as this. I really don't get why, though...
- All of the Other Reindeer: I was a big victim of bullying back then when I was a filly, for not being able to fly; admittedly, it left me with scenic panic. The only pony that befriended me back then was Rainbow Dash.
- Apologizes a Lot: Am I boring you? I'm sorry... oh, you're still not bored? Okay, sorry for asking. Sorry if I apologize a lot, too; I just don't want people to feel bad for what I do.
- Badflank Adorable/Badflank Pacifist: Like I said, I don't get why people consider me cute, but I indeed prefer to solve conflicts without resorting to physical violence. There have been beasts that have terrorized my friends or Ponyville, but I am able to tame them all the same. Even I am surprised I was once able to stare down and talk a dragon to the point of tears!
- The Beastmaster: Compared to my other friends' magic abilities or strength, I instead have the innate ability to talk to other animals and understand everything they said. Initially, it compensated for my basic flying abilities, and while I can still fly, I can still pretty much get along with animals as easily as always.
- Berserk Button: Please do not attempt to harm my friends, or animals.
- Once, animals repeteadly rejecting me eventually drove me off to insanity.
- I really despise bullies, too. Partly because of my childhood.
- And Discord too, before I reformed him. Back then he was a big, dumb meanie. But now hes one of my dearest and closest friends. Theres nothing I wouldnt do for him.
- Beware the Nice Ones: I repeat, please do not press me into getting angry. And although I don't need (or want) to get physical, I won't hestitate to talk to you until you repent...
- Childhood Friends: That would be Rainbow Dash. She used to protect me from bullies when I was younger. Our friendship has continued on into adulthood too, and yes, it's an odd friendship, but I wouldn't change anything about her!
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badflank: Yeah I'm shy and reserved, but I repeat again, please do not press me into getting angry. So far, everyone who has seen this side of me has regretted it.
- Cowardly Lion: Yes, I'm pretty shy, and very easy to scare, I guess. But I will protect my friends and animals if I need to.
- Cute Little Fangs: I had them when I became a vampire pony. One of them remains after I came back to normal.note
- Death Glare: The Stare!◊ I use this mainly with animals, only when they really don't want to listen to me. It even worked on a dragon and on a cockatrice once.
- Elective Mute: I don't talk too much when I'm not with my friends. In fact, I'm the world champ at the game of "Silence", you know. I bet you can't beat me!
- Even the Mares Want Her: I'm serious, I don't get why I'm popular with other mares. I saw this a lot when I was a fashion model.
- Evil Laugh: Once when I was at the Grand Galloping Gala, when animals were escaping from me.
- Flat Scare: Sometimes all it takes is a small attempt and I do get scared... but fortunately I'm growing out of it.
- Fluffy Tamer: You'd be surprised if I told you I've tamed a manticore, a dragon, a cockatrice and even Cerberus.
- Forgot About My Powers: Yeah, sometimes I've forgotten I can fly, even after I grew up. I just walk too much that I tend to forget.
- Friend to All Children: Children seem to respect me a lot because of how I act. This even earned me the Cutie Mark Crusaders' respect, and the "Teacher of the Month" award at Twilight's school regularly.
- Friend to All Living Things: My ability to communicate with other animals and understand what they say, along with taking care of them at my cottage, and being able to tame bigger ones, has made me one. Someone has to take care of them all.
- Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak: I'm very sweet towards animals, but don't mind getting my hooves dirty if I have to take care of them.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: When I became a vampire pony, I donned bat wings.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: I admitteldly don't have much self-esteem, but previously I would deprecate myself a lot. Most notably when Discord tried to corrupt me; I simply agreed with what he said.
- Hidden Depths: Sort of, I guess.
- I have quite the eye for fashion.
- I also like to read when I'm not taking care of animals.
- Did you know I'm more assertive than my family is, except for Zephyr Breeze?
- Innocent Blue Eyes: A heroine of Ponyville and my eyes are a greenish shade of blue.
- Jerk Ball: I once took it on my hooves when Iron Will trained me to become more assertive, and caused me to become what I loathe the most... a bully. Once I saw my friends cry because of what I became, I dropped this act.
- Little Big Sister: I'm this to my tall but younger brother, Zephyr Breeze.
- Loyal Animal Companion: My dear beloved pet bunny, Angel! Come here, Angel, say hello to the people!note
- Luminescent Blush: ...mmmm yes... I tend to blush a lot... especially when people sincerely compliment me.
- Meaningful Name: Well, I'm a shy pony. And instead of flying as fast as Rainbow Dash does, I prefer to fly slowly.
- Nature Hero: My connection to animals has also saved my and my friends lives many times.
- Nice Girl: Partly the reason why I'm the Element of Kindness, according to Twilight. I'm pretty much nice to nearly anybody I mee- oh, you finished up your tea already? Here, have some more! That is, if you want to.
- Official Couple: Discord and I have gotten married in the end, and we live together in his dimension.
- Prone to Tears: I usually cry because I'm too sentimental when something bad happens to me. It seems this is the reason why Pinkie Pie gave me prank immunity. A big example of me crying a lot would be... when I lost my self-esteem◊ while trying to help Rainbow Dash get water to Cloudsdale... I just couldn't hold it... *(sniff)*
- Rapunzel Hair: Yes, my pink mane is pretty long. I like to hide behind it, sometimes.
- Reality Is Unrealistic: Um... I'm not the only pony out there with wolf teeth.
- Ship Tease: Um... Well please dont tell anyone but I think I might have a little crush on Discord. After I reformed him, he and I spend a lot of time together, and I also blushed when he hugged me and when he said I was his favorite. Discord can still make mistakes, but I think hes a real sweetheart.
- Socially Awkward Hero: My social skills were poor back then. Fortunately they're better nowadays, but sometimes I can still be insensitive when I don't want to.
- Squee!: I'm prone to making a sound like that when I'm happy or embarassed.
- Stealth Expert: My quietness has made me the chosen one for a few stealth missions.
- Talking the Monster to Death: Did this with an adult dragon, a cockatrice, and even Discord when I was reforming him.
- Tareme Eyes: My eyes are actually softer-looking compared to other ponies.
- Un-Sorcerer: It took me a while to fly regularly like a normal pegasus, but my affinity to nature and animals compensated for that.
- Why Did It Have to Be Dragons?: Adult dragons scare me a lot! I still can't believe I managed to tame one despite my fear of them.
Aww, leaving so soon? Well, okay. I guess everyone has to leave at one point. But please come back! ...that is, if you don't mind. We can talk about animals the next time we meet!*(squee)*