I should probably tell you about me. Well, I'm only two years old, and I live with my mommy, daddy, my adopted sister Kimi, and our two doggies Fifi and Pepper.
My friends are this boy named Tommy who's a bit younger than me but much braver, his little brother Dil, Phil and Lil who are twins that live next door to Tommy and Dil, a very smart big girl Susie, and Tommy's older cousin Angelica. Okay, I am a bit scared of Angelica, because she's quite mean, but she's my friend anyway. Tommy's the bravliest, but they're all more bravely than me, but that's okay, I'm used to not being brave.
I like to play in the sand, on slides and with blocks, but don't like it when people puts blocks where they're not susposed to go. My favouritest toy is a bear called Wawa. I don't really like new things, 'cause I find them scary, but they're okay or even good when I gets used to them. Oh and big me is gonna share this page with me.
Tropes about me
- Accidental Misnaming: Tommy's little brother Dil sometimes calls me Ducky.
- Baby Talk: Well, I'm only two, so don't blame me if I don't talk right.
- Berserk Button: Mostly, I don't gets mad at people, but don't unsort my blocks.
- Blind Without 'Em: Without my glasses, everything looks blurry unless I sees it up really close.
- Embarrassing Damp Sheets: There was that one time, I wetted the bed while staying at Tommy's. He didn't mind though.
- Facing Your Fears: Mostly, I'm fine with being afraid, but if I have to quit being scared of something or do something even though I'm scared, I pretend to be a big brave dog. Susie taught me.
- Feud Episode: One time, I thought Tommy's ideas were too scary so I decided not to be his friend anymore. Another time, he and I got mad 'cause we couldn't agree on what to play so we finded different people to play with. Sorry for both of those times if you're reading this, Tommy, though I don't thinks you can read.
- I Don't Think That's Such a Good Idea: Sometimes, Tommy's ideas are crazy, and I don't think they're good ideas.
- In-Series Nickname: Tommy sometimes calls me Chuckaroo, while Phil and Lil's mommy calls me Chuckster.
- Like Father, Like Son: I guess I am kinda like my dad. We both has red hair and glasses, we both get scared easily, and we're both allergic to dandelions.
- Limited Wardrobe: Mostly I always wears red shoes, yellow socks, green pants and a blue shirt with a planet on. In fact, when I losted my shirt, I felt I had to change my name.
- Lovable Coward: I scare easily, but I'm a nice boy.
- Missing Mom: I used to have a different mommy but she's not around anymore. Well, she's dead so she can't really show up. Luckily, I gots a new mommy now.
- Nature Tinkling: When I was learning to use the grown-ups' potty, I was worried about being watched, so I decided to go on a tree, but that wasn't allowed. I thought that Spike was part of the rules too so we tried to potty-train him, but then he wented on the tree again and they didn't mind, so I decided they'd changed the rules again and peed on the tree.
- Neat Freak: I like having my blocks put away, and stacked big to small. Tommy finds that annoying, so sorry, Tommy.
- One Episode Fear: When I got pushed down the big-boy slide, I became scareded of slides. Susie made that go away.
- Potty Failure: I wetted my pants a few times while being potty-trained, but I don't anymore. Hardly ever.
- The Southpaw: I'm left-handed. At first I thought that made me weird, but then I realised it doesn't.
- Toilet Training Plot: When I first gotted potty-trained, I didn't want to, but now I can't imagine myself in diapers.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: I'm scared of clowns, the dark, new things, monsters, actual snakes, and the guy on the oatmeal box.
Tropes about big me
- Anime Hair: Especially during my "Yu-Gotta-Go!" dream sequences.
- Bad Liar: Angelica basically has to drill me in how to be an effective liar in "Brother, Can You Spare the Time?". How does she do it?
- Berserk Button: I'll go absolutely paranoid if I think Kimi is in danger.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards Kimi, who doesn't always appreciate it. (See Berserk Button above.)
- Big Brother Mentor / Older and Wiser: I have an odd role when it comes to wisdom: most of the time I'm nebbish and insecure, but when the moment comes for it. I'm also often the guy who picks up on my friends' sensitive/emotional problems and gives wise speeches to members of the gang, most often to Tommy and Kimi. Occasionally I'm the "lesson giver" when Susie's not around.
- This leads to a Running Gag where I give some insightful advice, and then I admit that got it out of a fortune cookie / hallmark card.
- Funnily enough, while I often fill this role for Tommy, Tommy often fills this role for me. It's a cornerstone of our friendship. In fact, a couple of the speeches I give to Tommy are of the "teaching a lesson that Tommy didn't realize I was already inspiring in other people" sort.
- Blind Without 'Em : Not as bad as in the original series. I actually remove my glasses at times to read fine print.
- Butt-Monkey: Even more so in this series. One episode even finds me completely naked on school grounds, save for a guitar.
- Continuity Nod: The circus camp episode reveals that even after all these years, I'm still terrified of clowns.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass : note I often displays abilities that end saving the day, and when facing my fears I actually can prove myself to be a quite competent leader and hero. Unfortunately, many of my abilities only work in very specific circumstances, a constant source of frustration for me.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Tommy, of course, and even gets jealous if anybody threatens to take my place as his best friend.
- Hidden Depths : In 'Superhero Worship', it's revealed I've a knack for engineering; my design for a mice labyrinth (required for a school project/contest) was so good that its photo and blueprints appeared in a specialized magazine, and one year later, when helping Tommy do his own labyrinth for the same project, we won first place. Later, in 'Brothers' Grimm', this ability is referenced again, as I make the blueprints for a treehouse, having professional-like quality.
- The Lancer: As usual, I follow Tommy's lead.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: In-universe.
- Lovable Coward: I try hard to avert being a coward, especially in the earlier episodes.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Played straight in "Bad Kimi" and especially in "TP + KF", when I'm very protective of Kimi's potential relationships with Z and Tommy.
- Nerd Glasses: I wouldn't be Chuckie without 'em, you know.
- Self-Deprecation: I always seems to make remarks that insult myself.Chuckie: See? I'm VANILLA! Crustless, vanilla Finster.
- Shower Shy: An episode has me trying to avoid having to shower in gym class, until one of my attempts to do so gets me stranded outside the locker room with no clothes or towel. At the end of the episode I finally overcome my fear.
- Simple, yet Awesome: Apparently, I don't consider my latent engineering skills to be cool or impressive at all, since I never told anyone about how my mice labyrinth's design actually got shown in a specialized magazine, and my friends only found out when looking for reference material for their own labyrinth. It's possible that I have other cool or useful abilities but I don't consider them interesting at all and therefore never shows them until they are actually necessary.
- A similar case in "Dude, Where's My Horse?", when I finds out I'm an extremely good cowboy, but then I feel bad when remembering these abilities are useless back at home... and then I start playing a harmonica with remarkable skill. Even Tommy can't make me confess at what point I learned to play an instrument, as I've apparently learned to do it almost without realizing it.
- Techno Babble: I descend into this when I'm deprived of television. "TV Rots Your Brain!" indeed.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: While I've gotten over most of my childhood fears (even my fear of Angelica!), I never quite got over my fear of clowns. note