- The Annotated Series: Some of the Annotators will preemptively threaten to quit if their current video looks to be going in a particularly stupid direction.
- Atop the Fourth Wall has quite a few of these.
- Probably one of the most infamous is the Star Wars Holiday Special.
- From The Dark Knight Strikes Again part 3: "Hello and welcome to Atop the Fourth Wall, where bad comics burn! Say.."." [pulls out his pocket watch] "It's Mill—" [makes a break for it]
- During the conclusion of the Mechakara Arc, Harvey Finevoice, 90's Kid, and Ninja Style Dancer comes to aid Linkara against the villain. They get some good hits in at first, but then Mechakara starts adapting to their weapons and can't be harmed. They all promptly flee to leave Linkara to fend for himself.
- "Fuck this, man. I'm going into Anime"
- Viga's response to being told there were malevolent ghosts in the house was the promptly leave, since she didn't want to be another victim of Black Dude Dies First.
- In his review of the Star vs. the Forces of Evil: Deep Trouble mini-series, when a character mentions "the dimension of cats with human faces", Linkara immediately thinks they're heading into the universe of CATS and promptly nopes out, declaring the review over. After a Technical Difficulties pause, Linkara returns, reassured they're not heading for that universe.
- bill wurtz's history of the entire world, i guess spoofs this when he mentions "every".Bill: A long time ago (actually never and also now) nothing is nowhere. When? Never. MAKES SENSE, RIGHT? Like I said, it didn't happen. Nothing was never anywhere. That's why it's been everywhere. It's been so everywhere you don't need a where. You don't even need a when. That's how every it gets.
[pause for 10 seconds]
Bill: Forget this. I wanna be something, go somewhere, do something. I want things to change. I want to invent time and space. And I know it's possible because everything is here and it probably already happened. I just don't know when to start. And that's exactly where it started.
- In Brad Jones' Demo Reel, Gretchen, and later Henrietta, bluntly bow out of being in Braddie's remake of E.T. The Porno.
- Bum Reviews: "Change?! Ya got cha— Oh my God, they're filming a Shaq movie! I'm out of here!"
- BuzzFeed Unsolved: A couple Supernatural episodes where the guys go to investigate supposedly-haunted locations end this way. It's usually Ryan who gets scared enough to leave, but occasionally even Shane makes the call.
- They both had this reaction to the Island of Dolls, aka Creepy Doll Central. (Seriously, there are thousands of them.) They were both already seriously creeped out, but realizing the place was also full of spiders was the last straw, and they both run for it.
- Despite planning to stay overnight, Ryan can't take more than a few hours in the Sallie House.
- One behind-the-scenes video revealed that while filming at Waverly Hills Hospital, Shane got so scared by a noise he and Ryan heard that he just ran away. The camera crew then said that Shane having this reaction is how they knew something was very, very wrong.
- CollegeHumor: In ''Furry Superheroes are Super Gross, after the Furry Force activates Yiff Mode and turns into a giant furry tranny, Vivisector just says "Nope" and uses his jet pack to fly away.
- Brad Jones has this reaction near the end of Rock, It's Your Decision in his DVD-R Hell episode when the Designated Hero starts making very homophobic remarks. This doubles as a Moment of Awesome after he gives a nice "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the protagonist. This film comes up later as an "at least it's not this" anytime he reviews a bad Christian propaganda film.
- Epic Rap Battles of History:
- This awesome example from Christopher Columbus.Arrivederci! Imma leave before this battle begins! ... Cos we both know in the end which of these captain's going to win!
- Bill Gates vs Steve Jobs gives us a straighter example courtesy of the latter.I built a legacy, son, You could never stop it. Now excuse me, while I turn heaven a profit. (disappears)
- This awesome example from Christopher Columbus.
- In Everyman HYBRID, when coming face to face with the Rake in the episode "Jessie", Jeff's only response is to announce "Fuck this shit," and run like hell. Granted, he was running to find something to chase it off with, but still.
- This happened to Hadriex in his DT3 playthrough. After making it past a series of near impossible challenges in the second nightmare gate, and a long difficult boss battle, the boss suddenly heals and changes form, becoming the Shroud Lord from DT1. Cue a lot of NOPE.
- A Twitch streamer by the name of IggyMaid has this reaction to the ending cutscene (and associated big plot twist) of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, as seen here.
- In the "10 weirdest foods" video by Matt Santoro, after having barely gotten past balut (developing duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell), he realizes that the next food is deep-fried tarantulas, which immediately makes Matt jump out of his chair and leave the room, trying to end the video right then and there.
- The Shredder, during the TMNT parody by My Way Entertainment: "Man, fuck this shit; you're gonna kick me in the nuts! I'm off this motherfucker! Sheeeeeit... fuck you!"
- Noob: La Croisée des Destins: Gaea, who's known to have a Dirty Coward side to her, eventually does this when things are looking bad during a very hard battle. She's actually taking advantage of the fact that both her teammates and her opponent know her well enough to more or less expect this from her, so she can pull a surprise attack later.
- The Nostalgia Critic:
- During his review of Rock-A-Doodle: "Screw this movie, I'm going home." [...] "No, no, no. Screw this movie. Home."
- The Star Wars Holiday Special: "Hi, I'm The Nostalgia Critic, I remember it..." [legs it]
- He and The Nostalgia Chick both try to run the fuck away when Robin Williams starts rapping in FernGully: The Last Rainforest.
- PlayStation Access: Delsin eventually leaves after being mistreated. Then goes to see a monkey doll martial arts master, to learn how to get revenge.
- There have been a number of Retsupuraes that have the Retsupuraers throw their hands up and bail for different reasons. Two of the more notable ones were Let's Play This!note and The Legend of Sweatnote .
- In Ross's Game Dungeon, Ross has this reaction when reviewing Revenant. After struggling through the game's increasingly tedious and maze-like dungeons, he looks up a walkthrough just to check how much of the game he has left, and finds out that he still has seven dungeons left to go, all of which have the word "Labyrinth" in their name. He immediately ends the review and skips to the ending cutscene.
- Sips, completely cornered in a game of Worms Reloaded, just gives up and has his last worm jump into the water.Sips: You know what? Fuck you guys. Fuck this game. Fuck you. [jumps]
- Subverted in Smashtasm Episode 5, during 1337f0x's flashback of his battle with Greg. While the present 1337f0x says "So I decided the only way to defeat Greg was to stop him on my own". However the past 1337f0x is less than willing.
- Suburban Knights:
- The last surviving Black Cloak a.k.a. The Last Angry Geek says "Oh, screw this!" and flees for his life when Malachite kills his allies.
- Likewise when Brad (a.k.a The Cinema Snob) tries to attack Malachite and fails. He runs for the hills.
- Todd in the Shadows announces his retirement from TGWTG after seeing that he's reviewing "Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$ha for his debut episode.
- "See you later, fuckers!" is one of Matt's catchphrases on Two Best Friends Play, usually uttered when running away from a group of enemies.
- Uncleared 0.00%: About half of the episodes have an uncleared level DGR can't crack no matter what he can think of.
- Wowcrendor has an installment of the "Orc vs. Wild" video where his gnome character wanders through World of Warcraft's infamous Moonguard RP server. He quickly runs away after spying two guys and a gnome on a bed, again after finding a strange danceoff in the basement and one last time after meeting a girl with a man's voice.
- Wrestling With Wregret
- Fuck This Shit I'm Out. Popularized by a Vine depicting a man jumping off his skateboard over a railing and into a body of water.
Screw This Im Outta Here / Web Videos