- Whenever Looney Tunes, Garfield, Ninja Turtles, or almost any cartoon has its characters watching a parody of a soap opera, the characters will almost always recite, "Oh John! Oh Marsha! Oh John! Oh Marsha!" referring to the Stan Freberg sketch listed in "Other".
- Albie: Every single episode would end with someone shouting "AAALBIIIEEE!"
- Practically a staple in every Alvin and the Chipmunks adaptation whenever Alvin is in trouble, or not responding to Dave's orders.Dave: Alvin? Alvin? AAAAALLLLVVVIIIIIIIN!
- Henry on The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan is prone to yelling Stanley's name when the latter is clowning around or goes missing. Stanley tends to call Henry's name whenever he gets himself into a scrape.
- American Dad! plays with this when Stan starts falling through row after row of dilapidated stairs while Steve takes a completely functional lift down at the same pace. At first, Steve is actually worried, shouting "Dad!!" a few times and loses a bit of enthusiasm each time until he starts saying the word in a monotone. Eventually he finds a newspaper and reads the comics while Stan continues to fall and crash through the wooden stairs.
- The show has Sterling Archer, the protagonist, yell one to Barry Dillon after the latter kills Katya Kasanova, Archer's wife.
- Mallory often calls out to her son by his first name "Sterling", especially if something terrible happens to him. The rest of the group often yell his last name in annoyance.
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!:
- No! NO! BUCKYYY! Spoken by Captain America when Bucky Barnes performs a Heroic Sacrifice, and heard again whenever the viewers revisit the scene.
- The first thing Cap does after awakening in the 21st century involves calling out Bucky's name again.
- The Avengers' first foe, Graviton, screams Nick Fury's last name after breaking out of jail.
- In Batman: The Animated Series, when Bane first appears, he attempts to make Batman do this after he has beaten him. Unlike his comic counterpart, he doesn't break him afterwards — Bats ends up severing his Venom Feed.Bane: (echoing voice) ''You got nothing. Beg for mercy! SCREAM MY NAAAAAAME!
- The is the entire gimmick behind Dan Vs. The start of each episode ends up with him shouting to the heavens the name of whatever slighted him (imaginary or not) at the beginning of the episode.
- OneDexter's Laboratory episode had all the dialogue spoken during the climax and denouement consist of the words "Dexter" and "Mandark", except for one part where Mandark said Dee Dee's name instead.
- Dora the Explorer: Who's the guy you need to know when you got a place to go?
- In the DuckTales (1987) episode ''Hero for Hire", when Launchpad appears to have crashed fatally, Scrooge shouts, "Launchpad!"
- Sarah from Ed, Edd n Eddy frequently shouts for her big brother this way. ED!!!Ed: Sarah knows, guys!
Eddy: Duh, Ed, we heard her.
- In Big Picture Show, Ed and Marie both shout "Double D!" in shock, after Edd gets beaten up by Eddy's brother.
- A surprising number of Fillmore! episodes feature put-upon Jr. Commissioner Vallejo seeing the bill for the latest chase sequence and shouting "FILLMORE!"
- The credits sequence of The Flintstones ends with Fred yelling "WIIILLMAAA!!" after getting locked out of the house.
- In the pilot movie for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, when Mac figures out Terrence's plan to adopt Bloo, he guesses that somebody must be in cahoots with him.Mac: So the question is who?
(everyone's eyes widen; Smash Cut to the chain ball's cage unlocked)
- "WERNSTROM!" This is how Professor Farnsworth greets his arch nemesis and former student.
- "ROOOBOT HOOOUSE!!" It was screamed several times by the dean of the Mars University when said robot house got in trouble, thanks to Bender's attempts to make them cool.
- "CITIZEN SNIIIIIIIIIIIIPS!" Theodore Roosevelt getting attacked by the villainous crab known by that name.
- Hey Arnold!:
- In the first episode, Helga is determined to ensure that everything goes right for the school play. When she notices that Arnold and Gerald's are missing on performance night, she shouts Arnold's name.Arnold: (riding a bus with Gerald) Did you just hear something now?Gerald: No.
- In the Halloween Episode, when Helga found out that the people are chasing after her and the others in alien makeup because of Arnold's prank.
- In the first episode, Helga is determined to ensure that everything goes right for the school play. When she notices that Arnold and Gerald's are missing on performance night, she shouts Arnold's name.
- Infinity Train: According to Word of God, since this trope happens so often each season, they specifically go out of their way to give characters names that wouldn't invoke Narm when screamed in fear or terror.
- Inspector Gadget has Every Episode Ending: "I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time!"
- In The Jetsons, Mr. Spacely often had this as his schtick:
- Kaeloo: "MISTER CAAAAAAT!" (Happens Once an Episode). Parodied in one episode where Mr. Cat responds by yelling "Kaeloo!" back to her.
- On Kid vs. Kat, if anything goes wrong in Old Lady Munson's life she will always blame it on Coop or his dad, crying out "BURTONBURGER!"
- Kim Possible:
- Throughout the series, Dr. Drakken can never remember Ron Stoppable's name, in "So the Drama", Ron has had enough of it.Ron: Say my name! SAY IT!
Drakken: Uhh... it's... err... urm... STOPPABLE!
- "KIM POSSIBLE!! YOU THINK YOU'RE ALL THAT, BUT YOU'RE NOT!!!" later episodes play around with the wordings.
- Throughout the series, Dr. Drakken can never remember Ron Stoppable's name, in "So the Drama", Ron has had enough of it.
- Lego City Adventures: This happens with R. E. Fendrich and Mary Sinclair when they encounter each other.
- Sinclair: "FENDRICH!"
- Looney Tunes
- "Big House Bunny": "SCHULTZ!!! OFFICE!!!"
- Martha Speaks: The parents Daniel and Mariella, and occasionally Helen, did a lot of this.
- In "Martha and Skits", when Skits pees on Mariella's rugMariella: Skits! Not on my new rug
- In the Flash Back in "The Jakey Express" when Mariella was in labour, about to give birth to Jake, and the parents slide down a snowy hill.Mariella: Danny!!!
- In "Puppy Skits", when Martha pees on the rug, chews shoes, and yells at Skits, Helen shouts Martha's name at each of her wrongdoings.
- Truman does a few of these in the Licensed Game "Truman's Word Play", usually after an animal eats the food the player was making or using.
- In "Martha and Skits", when Skits pees on Mariella's rug
- The Mr. Men Show: Used whenever Mr. Rude farts or burps.
- "MR. RUDE!!!"
- In The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, a guilt-ridden Pooh has a nightmare after a balloon that Christopher Robin let him borrow gets the air let out of it. When he wakes up, he shouts "CHRISTOPHER ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!" Waking up everyone in the Hundred Acre Wood.
- Phineas and Ferb: It always happens with Dr. Doofinshmertz with Perry The Platypus. Whenever Perry takes off his disguise and puts on his hat because Doof doesnt recognize him without it, Doofinshmertz would say something like A platypus? PERRY THE PLATYPUS!" And when Perry leaves to flee from the danger, a Doofinshmertz now in danger says. Curse you, PERRY THE PLATYPUS!
- The Powerpuff Girls:
- The episode "Helter Shelter" begins and ends with the Professor screaming out "BUUUUUBBLEEEES!", first when he finds that Bubbles hoarded animals and when she released the animals from the zoo.
- "Powerprof" has Bubbles doing this to the Professor when he tells everyone that she had a bedwetting problem.Bubbles: PRO-FES-SOOOOOOOR!
- In "Candy Is Dandy", Blossom yells Mojo Jojo's name upon finding him in prison eating her candy.Blossom: 'MOJOOOOOOO!''
- Ready Jet Go!:
- In "Total Eclipse Block Party", everyone yells "SUNSPOT!" after they discover that he stole the eclipse countdown clock.
- Mitchell screams Jet's name at the end of "What Goes Up..."
- The Ren & Stimpy Show often has Ren doing this to Stimpy whenever he loses his patience with him, which happens a lot:
- Stimpy, YOU EEDIOT!
- The "banned" episode "Son of Stimpy"note also has "REEEN!" after Stimpy farts for the "first" time.note Furthermore...
- Rocko's Modern Life: Rocko deos this in the opening theme. "SPUNKYYY!! SPUNKYYY!"
- "Scooby Doo...where are you?!" was that standard catch phrase used by virtually every member of the kids from Scooby-Doo. Shaggy uses it most.
- Samurai Jack: The most dramatic delivery of Aku's name occurs when Jack first visits his Evil Tower of Ominousness in the past to challenge the demon tyrant to a duel.Jack: AKUUUUUUUUUUU!
- The Simpsons:
- "SKINNER!" Poor Principal Skinner, Superintendent Chalmers screams at him even when nothing is amiss. Later in the show, Chalmers admits that he just likes messing with him. To follow it up, Skinner always gets afraid or nervous when his supervisor yells his name in anger and answers with "S-Superintendent Chalmers!"
- "Baaart!" Bart is a brat and jerk in many respects, so he gets yelled at by a lot of people, especially his younger sister Lisa.
- Marge yells "Homer!" quite often. She also says "Homie/Homey" whenever she kisses or has sex with him.
- "Aaah! Sideshow Bob!" Sideshow Bob is a recurring villain and Bart's nemesis as he's been trying to frame Bart's idol Krusty and murder him. Say My Name was lampshaded in one of his later appearances: as Bart had noticed Bob's incapability of ever succeeding in his schemes, he just greeted Bob normally, much to Bob's surprise.
- When they parodied A Streetcar Named Desire through song in Show Within a Show Oh, Streetcar!, they poked fun of course especially at the famous screaming of "STELLA".Ned (as Stanley): Stella! STELLLAAA! / Can't you hear me yella? / You're puttin' me through Hella! / Stella... STELLLAAA!
- Parodied earlier in the episode when Homer has problems getting into his pudding, while she's over at Flanders's place.Homer: MAAAAAAAARGE! HEY, MAAAAAAAAAAARGEE!Marge: Yeah, keep yelling, ya big ape.
- In "Saturdays of Thunder," when Homer is watching a McBain movie in a video store and his Black partner who is only days away from retiring is gunned down, which is a Take That! to a Clint Eastwood movie that did something similar:
- Also, another occurrence happens in "I Love Lisa" when a prank played by Bart on Valentine's Day reminds Principal Skinner of a troubling memory from his long-ago time serving in Vietnam, where a buddy of his was gunned down in front of him on that day.
- Sofia the First: Amber lets this one out, when she cries out Baileywick's name to fix the cookies for her tea party.
- South Park:
- "STAAAN!" Randy calling out in a sick rasp to his son in "Bloody Mary" after Alcoholics Anonymous convince him of being terminally ill.
- "BUTTERS!" Stephen and Linda Stotch, towards their son. "You are grounded, mister!" almost certainly follows. Butters is innocent (usually).
- Played for Drama when Butters is left behind in Imaginationland, in the midst of a terrorist attack, and Stan, Kyle, Jimmy and Kenny yell his name in unison.
- "CART-MAAAN!" Kyle towards Cartman, whenever he's done something awful. Sometimes followed up with "You. Fucking. FATASS." when its really bad.
- "MEEE-EM!" Cartman's way of calling his mother to do things for him or when he's not getting his way.
- Subverted when he's sent to a foster home "My name. Is not. Mee-em."
- The Spectacular Spider-Man: "SPIDERMAAAN!!" Spider-Man gets this a lot more than other heroes, especially from mugs. Eventually, he even started countering it. "Well, it sure ain't Gomer Pyle!"
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
- When Plankton fell in love with Mr. Krabs' mom:Mr. Krabs: Plankton!
Mr. Krabs' Mom: Eugene!
Mr. Krabs: Mommy?!
Mr. Krabs: (angrily) Spongebob!
- This confrontation from "Imitation Krabs" between Mr. Krabs and Plankton after the former catches the latter trying (once again) to steal the Krabby Patty formula.Mr. Krabs: Plankton!
Mr. Krabs: PLANKTON!
- When Plankton fell in love with Mr. Krabs' mom:
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi has many archenemies. Several of them, most prominently General Grievous and Darth Maul, prefer to address him solely as follows:"KENOBI!!!"
- In "Lair of Grievous" Kit Fisto yells his old padawan's name when Nahdar Vebb chooses to fight Grievous for revenge instead of assisting Kit in sabotaging the lair and escaping and the door closes between them. As Kit suspected Vebb is outmatched and dies in the ensuing fight.
- Steven Universe.
- Ruby does this in "Jail Break", in an attempt to find Sapphire.Ruby: She stopped singing... SAPPHIREEEEE!
- In "Back to the Moon", the Crystal Gems launch the entire Ruby Squad out of the airlock on the moon base. This heavily backfires as Eyeball manages to grab Steven, pulling him out with her.Amethyst: STEEEVEEEEEEEN!!
- Connie also wails out to Steven in "I Am My Mom" when he chooses to out himself as his mother and get taken to Homeworld.Connie: STEVEEENN!!!
- Ruby does this in "Jail Break", in an attempt to find Sapphire.
- Transformers Animated:
- Megatron finally using Optimus Prime's name in the "Endgame" finale - it means that he finally sees Optimus as an archenemy as opposed to just another Autobot nuisance.Megatron: If I cannot save my clones, at least I'll have the pleasure of destroying you, Optimus Prime!
Optimus: So you can remember my name.
- Megatron screaming Starscream's name is a recurring thing. In the IDW comics, it happens when Starscream is using Ultra-Energon to try and overthrow him. The juiced-up Starscream still gets EASILY pwned, and this Megatron will not be taking it lying down like certain other Megatrons.
- In Animated Starscream tries to rig a MacGuffin to explode and destroy the Autobots and Megatron (and about half of Detroit would likely have gone with them.) Starscream fails.Starscream: This day couldn't possibly get any worse.
[Megatron descends into view]
Starscream: I stand corrected.
Screamer: [flying away at high speed] Sorry, you must have me confused with some other harrier jet! [next scene is Starscream slamming into the ground; hard]
- Transformers Cybertron, Megs gets booby-trapped and he and the 'cons loyal to him are left behind in a force field in deep space. Starscream feels the need to leave a message to make sure Megs knows who screwed him, and all Megatron can do is yell his name in fury.
- In Transformers: Prime, when Megatron finds out Starscream tried to off him in the premiere, rather than going for the traditional STARSCREEAM! he simply says his name quietly. However, his wrath is the same and he inflicts No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on him.
- From Prime - in "Rebellion", Megatron lets out an "OOOPTIMUUUUSSSS!" while attacking in jet mode (having just been punched through his own throne by the newly-upgraded Prime).
- In "More Than Meets the Eye: Part 3" of the original Transformers series, Megatron and the 'Cons are taking off in their space ship while the Autobots watch. Optimus reaches out his hand, and in one of Peter Cullen's greatest moments yells "MEEEGAAATRRROOON!"
- In Beast Wars, the Maximals and Predacons are working together to stop the Vok from blowing up the planet. As Optimus goes to take out the Planet Buster, he realizes that Megs has sabotaged his shuttle and he won't be able to escape the impending explosion. Megatron broadcasts a message to him to taunt him about this, and Optimus yells MEGAAATROOON! just before 'kaboom'.
- Megatron finally using Optimus Prime's name in the "Endgame" finale - it means that he finally sees Optimus as an archenemy as opposed to just another Autobot nuisance.
- Principal Madman and Shannon Westerburg do this frequently to the titular character in Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?.