Who is Lapis?
Lapis is the Blue Rose, a Legacy Character who acts as a Phantom Thief that steals from corrupt individuals, only to seemingly return what she takes. In reality, she has a Master Forger make replicas of the stolen goods (who happens to be the previous Blue Rose) which she places. This is because the objects that she steals originally belonged to others who can't afford to legally get them back. She uses French words like "non", "adieu", and "au revoir". Her decision to become a Phantom Thief happened because her parents were corrupt and greedy people who auction stolen goods as a business, making them the exact kinds of people that she'd target. Lapis also lives a double life as an opera singer who had an entire event where she sent a Calling Card saying the Blue Rose would kidnap her (since no one in the event knows her Secret Identity).
Is she Magnificent?
You better believe she is. She isn't even implied to have failed a single heist in the past, and even when she's seemingly cornered, Lapis escapes with her treasure. In her adventurer story, she kidnaps an innocent girl who's the key to unlocking an ancient weapon that attacks her and the main characters, The Hero Euden and The Big Guy Ranzal. They team up to defeat the weapon, and get back to the man who was going to use the kidnapped girl to take and sell the weapon. Lapis uses her skills to disguise Euden as the girl, getting incriminating evidence out of the man and arresting him. The story ends with Euden and Lapis on friendly terms, with the latter saying he can call her anytime.
Is he a Bitch? Too much?
Lapis is a thief, and her heists have made her a wanted criminal. At the end of the story, when Euden asks her to turn herself in, she refuses and leaves with a smoke bomb. Her crimes have caused the current owners of the stolen goods to panic in fear of being screwed over due to their businesses being seemingly endangered. The fact the she was given the option to turn herself in means someone out there doesn't approve of her actions. She's also opposed the heroes at least once in her life.
Any Mitigating Factors?
While you could argue that she's ultimately harmless, a criminal is still a criminal, and she acknowledges that doing things the lawful way won't yield results, so she admits to being shady and unlawful, while no less successful and stylish.
- Magnificent Bastard: Lapis, real name Belladonna and the current Blue Rose, is a thief who steals valuable goods from others and returns them to their original owners. She then has a perfect copy forged and places it where the original piece was stolen from. In The Phantom's Ransom event, Lapis manages to help stop a group of bandits who were impersonating her, raise money for her opera troupe, and bring out Karina's hidden talent in singing all without getting captured. After coming across a kidnapped girl who holds the secret to unlocking an ancient weapon, Lapis teams up with Euden's group to destroy the weapon and arrest the kidnapper. A Master of Disguise who radiates charm and wit, Lapis leaves Euden while offering her assistance in future endeavors.
MBs Ascended: Jin (EP for Scraggle's write-up), Micaiah (EP for erazor0707's write-up), Nobutsuna Kamiizumi, Laegjarn, Nail Saionji, Revolver, Gaius, Yuri, Coyote Starrk, Meruem, Z-ONE, Bruno, Eliphas, Nasch, Astral, Nasir, Sanae Hanekoma, Wamuu, Neferpitou, Flashpoint Batman, Tiziano (EP for awesomekid42's write-up), Chelle, Professor Banner, Melchior Mayvin, Artorius Collbrande, Shigure Rangetsu, Velvet Crowe* , Líf, Mr. Compress, Touichirou Suzuki, Razor, Leonidas, Eitri, Taskmaster, Phantom, Menthuthuyoupi
I've come up with a few new ideas for potential Gods:
When we first see him, Petelgeuse is about as Ax-Crazy as you can get. During Arc 4, he's revealed to have been normal and possibly even a Nice Guy. It was taking a special power called the Authority of Sloth that slowly corrupted him and an Accidental Murder that made him go over the edge. The scene ends with him doing an Evil Laugh as he leaves with a Greater-Scope Villain.
Radi Jaeger, God of ???
He can trap you in a mental world full of your great desires, but it's all a trick, and he's done it in the past and in the main story.
Even though she jokes around a lot, Magilou is actually really depressed. She only works with the party because she has nothing better to do and is Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life.
He dual-wields a pair of Kukri knives and hardly ever uses the sword on his back. Despite this, he's strong enough to be The Big Guy of the party.
- Lesser Gods
- Potential House: Couples Archetypes
- Symbol: His Staff and her Hiraikotsu
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Beta Couple who get married and have 3 children
- Miroku: Barrier Warrior, The Smart Guy, the Wind Tunnel that killed his father and grandfather and threatens to kill him too, Badass Preacher, Sexy Priest and womanizer
- Sango: Action Girl at the age of 16, The Big Guy, in love with Miroku, the last Demon Slayer, knowledgable in poisons, has several different weapons at her disposal,
- Domains: Demon slaying, Romance, Family
- Heralds: Kirara, Hisui, Kin'u and Gyokuto
- Allies: Youmu Konpaku, Dunsparce, Weavile, All of the Good Devil May Cry Gods, Doom Slayer, Kisuke Uzuki,
- Enemies: Bluebeard, Mina Loveberry, Mundus
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Tharja, Hoss Delgado, Vergil
- Oppose: Nyotengu no Miyama
- Throughout a certain titular character's adventures, he was accompanied by two other humans who had many romantic interactions with each other in addition to his own romantic partner. Since the two did eventually become Happily Married (complete with children), they realized that they were fit to ascend the Pantheons.
- Miroku and Sango were appalled to learn what Tharja had been doing to her daughter, Noire. While she's backed away from the worst of it, they're also skeptical of how she's been using "underhanded means" of making herself more physically attractive. With all of her unscrupulous traits out in the open, the pair are unwilling to trust her unless they deem it necessary.
- They were also at odds with Hoss Delgado for how he hates monsters in general and once even got mad at Irwin simply for having Dracula as a grandparent. Since they've traveled with Inuyasha, Shippo, and Kirara, they know that there are good monsters out there.
- But even worse than Delgado is Mina Loveberry. Unlike the former who at least fought for good, the latter truly thinks all monsters must be destroyed, regardless of their alignment. This infuriates Miroku and Sango, with Sango remembering a time where she told a priest that neither Shippo nor Kirara would become evil. The pair have not been able to reach an understanding with Loveberry and remain enemies with her.
- These two were relieved to see the Doom Slayer acting as a force of good, despite his initially horrifying aura. While he brutally kills demons, he at least has the justification that the demons in his world (and some of the humans) are all evil, with some of them being especially heinous. At least he has an affinity for animals, like his dead pet rabbit.
- Likewise, the pair were glad to see more heroic Gods who had taken the job of Demon Slaying in Devil May Cry. While Dante has his silly moments, he's still more mature than someone like Inuyasha. It helps that he was successful in reforming Trish and changing Lady's low opinion on demons. That being said, they're less willing to trust Vergil, who cut his own son's arm off for power and removed his human half, which ended up getting countless civilians killed. While he seems to have gotten better, Miroku and Sango are still suspicious of him. after all that he's done.
- One figure that pisses them both off is Bluebeard, who kills his wives for no justifiable reason. Miroku and Sango would never consider doing that to each other, and don't understand why he would. They're at least relieved that he was eventually figured out, and everyone knows that he's not the gentleman they thought he was.
- Greater Goddess
- Symbol: Her staff
- Theme Music: The Return of Palutena; Boss Fight 2 (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Alignment: Lawful Good (Chaotic Evil when possessed by the Chaos Kin)
- Portfolio: Hot Goddess, Gold and White Are Divine, doesn't like being called ma'am, Light Is Good (unless when possessed by the Chaos Kin), Genki Girl, The Gadfly, Cute Clumsy Girl, Lethal Chef, Forced to Fight Pit Under the Chaos Kin's Control
- Domains: Light, Attractiveness, Power
- Allies: Pit, Viridi (bordering on Friendly Enemy), Zelda, Lightning Farron, Liara T'soni, Ororo Munroe/Storm, Lucina, Angelo
- Enemies: The Chaos Kin, Hades (both the one from her universe and the other one), Medusa Gorgon, Hela, that other Medusa, Ganondorf, Gods that specialize in Demonic Possession
- Rival: Solid Snake
- Odd Friendship: The Nasuverse Medusa
- Opposes: Panty Anarchy
- Many divine beings are known for having great power. Some are also known for their great beauty. As the Court of the Gods needed someone that is not only powerful but beautiful, they decided to give the title to Palutena. This decision was fueled by her redesign which debuted in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which made her much more attractive. Palutena is pleased to know that she's considered beautiful, owing it to how she uses her godly skin and health care to maintain her body's top physical appearance. She's also made sure to use the hot springs that Pit loves so much.
- Pit was surprised to see that she has ascended. She had this to say to him:
- She is not allowed in the kitchens of the House of Food after this happened. She can't really blame the ones in charge, since she can't toss the blame for that incident on anyone other than herself.
- Met up with Lightning Farron at Pit's suggestion and the Goddess of Light and Farron were surprised that they shared something in common. Both of them are friendly towards each other.
- Thanks to this◊, some deities have started to pair her up with Lucina.
- Palutena was surprised to meet up with Athena considering that they shared some things in common.
- Naturally, she wasn't happy to hear that the Hades from her world was in the Pantheon. She was even less thrilled when she found out that there was another Hades. She also learned that the latter can take on another form when he decides to get serious. Unfortunately, as much as he's less malevolent than others, Palutena found the latter form of Hades kind of a bore.
- A similar thing happened after she encountered two different Medusas. She doesn't like either of them and has been making sure they don't cause a lot of trouble.
- However, when Pit told her about a different Medusa that wasn't as bad as the others, she decided to meet up with her. Following the initial meeting with Rider, Palutena gets along rather decently with her.
- She ended up getting possessed by something known as the Chaos Kin back in her own world. Thankfully, she was freed from its control by Pit. Given what had happened during the time she was possessed, she doesn't like gods that specialize in Demonic Possession.
- Has taken part of the Smash tournament with a moveset that is more diverse compared to the other participants. She is only allowed to choose four different moves at a time before battles though. Recently, she's been forced to combine some of her moves together due to no longer being allowed to choose.
- Speaking of the Smash tournament, Pit can access a secret taunt to ask her for aid, communicating with her and Viridi. When Solid Snake heard the news, he was not amused that they took his job at codecs. Palutena likes the idea of relaying information to Pit on who he's fighting (provided it's not her), but she can understand why he'd be upset.
- Although she wasn't ascended when it happened, she was present alongside other Nintendo deities◊ when they mourned the passing of a certain man.
- Like Viridi, Palutena wasn't amused to hear that one Panty Anarchy has been trying to seduce Pit. For one thing, Panty is a late teenager while Pit is still a minor (by angel years). And second... she has no standards whatsoever.
- She has been offered the services of Angelo himself, seeing her as a worthy Goddess to serve, and recognizing her mind control was something that his crush Jessica was forced through once. She just playfully chuckles at his offers, but still has him on standby should his help be needed.