open/close all folders
Gregory and Paula Alquist Anton
Gregory and Paula Alquist Anton, Dual Representatives of Gaslighting (Gregory: Sergis Bauer [his real name])
- Potential House: Causes of Madness
- Symbol: Aunt Alices jewels
- Alignment: Neutral Evil (Gregory), Neutral Good (Paula)
- Domains: Abuse, Insanity, Manipulation
- Heralds: Nancy, Miss Thwaites, Elizabeth, Brian Cameron
- Pitied by: B.J. Blaskowicz (for Paula)
- Paula Alquist is a young girl who lived with her aunt, a famous opera singer named Alice Alquist sometime during the Victorian London era. One day, the aunt is suddenly murdered and robbed by the mysterious Sergius Bauer, leaving Paula alone. Years later, while studying abroad for the ten years since the incident, she would meet a man named Gregory Anton (unaware of the fact that hes actually Sergis), whom she would eventually marry. After returning to London, Paula began to notice strange goings-on: missing pictures, strange footsteps in the night, and gaslights that dim without being touched. It turns out that her husband had tormented her in order to send her to an asylum and obtain her aunts jewels. This situation brought the attention of Scotland Yard inspector Brian Cameron, who has known known Alice Alquist since his childhood; seeing Paula brought his interest in solving the case regarding Alices murder. After recovering her sanity, Paula would end up turning the tables as she psychologically tortured Gregory, now bound to a chair, tantalizing him with the suggestion that she might free him so he can escape arrest, trial, and execution, before calling in Cameron to arrest Gregory and take him away.
- Upon reviewing their story, the Court of the Gods felt that they are a perfect fit to represent the Gaslighting trope, especially considering the fact that it named the trope in the first place, and it was a matter of time before the couples presence was brought to the court. Paula was understandably concerned with having to share the title with her husband given what she had to go through. At Paulas request, Brian was also brought in as one of their Heralds, particularly to keep Gregory in check.
- Paulas experiences with Gregory led her to be sought out by other people who have had similar experiences. One person that she became allies with is Susy Hendrix, another woman who had experience being tormented by nefarious plotters. Paula admired Susy for being able to defend herself against Roat despite her blindness while Susy is happy that Paula was able to stand up against her abusive husband. The two swear to get behind each others back if another situation like this happens to either of them.
- She did not expect a non-human animal like Simba to relate to her, but he ended up being another of her allies. Both left their homes when their parental figures were killed, traumatizing them, and only came back as adults. They thought the killers were trustworthy when in truth they were manipulating them psychologically for their own ends, but in the end managed to see them for what they are.
- She also didnt expect to ally herself with Linkara, who had his own experience with gaslighting as he recalled the time that Mechakara tried to gaslight him into suicide by making him think he was the father who abused and sacrificed his child for their dark god (the Magic Gun was that child).
- While B.J. Blaskowicz is not connected to gaslighting, his mother, Zofia, was a victim of abuse from his father, Rip, who only married her just to get her family's fortune. As such, he has shown sympathy towards Paula, seeing as she had to deal with an abusive husband.
- Some people couldnt help but compare Gregory to Uncle Charlie as they both have a preference towards strangulation when it comes to committing murder, altough their motives are different; Gregory is just greedy while Charlie thinks he's ridding the world of scum. Charlie and Gregory also seem to have intense feelings for their marks (the younger Charlie and Paula respectively). When Paula first encountered Uncle Charlie, she at first thought he was Detective Cameron, but it wasnt until he attempted to strangle her that she realized otherwise. Fortunately, her own allies were also there to clear up this situation.
- Paulas experiences with Gregory led her to oppose most other gaslighters in the Pantheon, such as Mother Gothel (for her attempts to manipulate Rapunzel) and Thomas Wake (who was a gaslighter against Winslow). She also doesnt like Akio Ohtori for being a domestic abuser, not helped by the fact that Gregory used to serve as Akios high priest before his ascension (and the fact that they seem to be on good terms with each other).
Klaatu and Gort
Klaatu and Gort, Co-Deities of Benevolent Alien Invasions (Klatuu: Mr. Carpenter, Gort: Gnut)
- Potential House: Extraterrestrial Behaviour
- Intermediate Deities
- Symbol: Their Flying Saucer
- Theme Song: Prelude
- Alignment: Lawful Good (Klaatu), Lawful Neutral (Gort)
- Portfolio: Arrive as an ambassador from outer space, Space Police
- Klaatu: Human Alien, poses as a man named Mr. Carpenter, Perfect Pacifist People, Once shutted down all electric power to demonstrate that he is a powerful alien, warns the Earth to give up war or be destroyed by Gort
- Gort: Cyber Cyclops, Disintegrator Ray, Killer Robot, Can be shut down with the words, Klaatu Barada Nikto
- Domains: Extraterrestrials, Contact, Pacifism
- Respected by/Respects:
- Pitied by/Pities:
- Opposed by/Opposes:
- Conflicting Opinion:
Susan Walker, Goddess of Those Convinced of Santas Existence
- House: Celebration
- Theme Song:
- Portfolio: Raised by a mother who doesnt want her to indulge in fantasies, wants a father for Christmas and encourages Kris Kringle to help her get one
Lieutenant Frank Bullitt, God of Chase Scenes
- House: TBA
- Symbol: A Highland Green 1968 Ford Mustang 390 CID Fastback
- Theme Song: Bullitt Main Theme
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Badass Driver with a Cool Car, Cowboy Cop, unable to find out who is behind the organized crime operation due to killing a witness
- Domains: Police, Detectives, Car Chases
- High Priest: Jimmy Popeye Doyle
- Allies: Dirty Harry, Axel Stone, Adam Hunter & Blaze Fielding, Ryotaro Dojima, John Hartigan, Judy Hopps, The Dukes of Hazzard
- Enemies: Vito and Michael Corleone
- Complicated Relationship with: Leon Montana, Napoleon Solo
- Annoyed with: Rosco P. Coltrane
- Lt. Frank Bullitt is a San Francisco-based police detective who was assigned to protect a star witness for an important trial. However, before the night is over, the witness that he was supposed to protect was murdered by two hitmen. Upon knowing this, Bullitt gathered up information about the incident and opened up an investigation on his own after his police captain gave him the permission to investigate the crime. When Bullitt opened up the investigation, people around started to ponder about his behavior and his antics on pursuing those who are responsible of the crime.
- Originally, Bullitt served as a High Priest to Harold Francis Callahan, God of Vigilante Cops. However, the Main House recommended him for godhood after examining his story, which includes a Chase Scene which involves him in pursuit of two bad guys in a black Dodge Charger. Because of this, he was chosen to ascend for this trope. While Dirty Harry prefers to work alone, he has come to respect Bullitts determination to pursue those who killed his witness as well as him being a fellow cop who resides in San Francisco.
- Ryotaro Dojima is one detective who sympathizes with Bullitt, given his guilt on being unable to solve a case. However, he is wary of Bullitts actions as his reckless driving reminds him of a hit-and-run that killed his wife. Among other Cowboy Cops that he has allied with, they include John Hartigan and Judy Hopps (who has her own Chase Scene when trying to apprehend Weaselton).
- As his investigation involved tracking down the mafia hitmen that killed the witness he was trying to protect, he seems to have a dislike towards those who are associated with organized crime, with Vito and Michael Corleone being notable targets.
- Doesnt know what to make of Leon Montana. While hes aware that hes a hitman who works for the mafia, he also learned that he has a good heart as shown whenever he takes care of Mathilda. Bullitt is also conflicted on Napoleon Solo as while hes a good person, he simply avoids him as the spy reminds him of Walter Chalmers, the politician who wanted to screw his investigation.
- Gets really annoyed with Rosco P. Coltrane for his failures in catching the Dukes of Hazzard, whom he tolerates given their successful evasions from the police.
Joe Bradley and Princess Ann
Joe Bradley and Princess Ann, Co-Deities of Vacation Films (Princess Ann: Anya Smith, Smitty)
- Symbol: A Vespa scooter
- Theme Song: Roman Holiday Main Title
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Domains: Love
- Princess Ann is a princess from an unnamed European country who visited Rome as part of her goodwill tour. During the trip, she was so overwhelmed by her sheltered life and royal obligations that she ended up going incognito. There, she encounters an American journalist named Joe Bradley who sees an opportunity for an exclusive scoop. However, romance blossomed between them during their 'common people' adventures throughout the city. At the end of the day, however, the two ended up parting ways after the princess realized that she had to take responsibility for her royal duties.
The Ymir ( 20 Million Miles to Earth)
The Ymir, God of Miracle Gro Monsters
- House: Monsters
- Lesser Deity
- Theme Song:
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever, eats sulfur and lacks a heart or lungs, Bullying a Dragon, Non-Malicious Monster, Single Specimen Species, Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
- Domains: Aliens, Monsters, Growth
- Theme Song:
- Work on:
- Robby the Robot, God of Robot Antennae and Flashing Lights In Conjunction With Speech
- Olive Oyl, Goddess of Rubber Hose Limbs
- The Moomins, Collective Deities of Cartoon Creatures
- Fu Manchu, God of Chinese Antagonists
- Walter Neff and Phyllis Dietrichson, Patron Deities of The Perfect Crime
- The Girl, Goddess of Dumb Blondes and the Marilyn Maneuver
- The Martians, Collective Deities of Tripod Terror
Successful Contributions to the Pantheon:
- Ascended: Alfred Hitchcock (Dramatic Irony), Humphrey Bogart (Film Noir), Charlie Chaplin (Silent Movie), Amélie Poulain (Narrative Filigree), Pippi Longstocking (Muscles Are Meaningless), Sara Crewe (Princess in Rags), Rick Blaine (Neutral No Longer), Pollyanna Whittier (The Pollyanna), Kiki (Flying Postman and Flying Broomstick), Adenoid Hynkel (Adolf Hitlarious), Eloise (Hotel Hellion), Norma Desmond (White-Dwarf Starlet), E.T. (Innocent Aliens), Mary Lennox (Hope Sprouts Eternal), Rosemary Woodhouse (Religious Horror), Anne Shirley (Blithe Spirit and Spirited Young Lady), Roger Thornhill (Mistaken for Spies), The March Sisters (Four-Girl Ensemble), Beavis and Butt-Head (Heh Heh, You Said "X"), Joe Gillis (Posthumous Narration), Lydia Deetz (Goth), Peter Warne and Ellie Andrews (Road Trip Romance), Bruce Nolan (God for a Day), Jane Lane (Only Friend), Jeffrey Lebowski/The Dude (Mellow Fellow), Aisling (Morphic Resonance), Barton Fink (Writer's Block), Marge Gunderson (Minnesota Nice), Ben and Saoirse (Gender Equals Breed), Fred C. Dobbs (Death by Materialism), Bill Lumbergh (Mean Boss), The Time Traveller (To the Future, and Beyond), Babar (Civilized Animal), Satsuki and Mei Kusakabe (Children Are Innocent), Heidi (Yodel Land), Atticus Finch (Sweet Home Alabama), Griffin (Invisibility and Bandaged Face), Captain Nemo (Sub Story), Holly Golightly (Little Black Dress)@ , John Carter (Planetary Romance), Harriet Welsch (Snooping Little Kid), The Gill-man (Fish People), The Martians (Mars Attacks!) (Aliens Are Bastards), Snake Plissken (Recruiting the Criminal), The Blob (Eating the Enemy), Doctor Zaius (Animal Is the New Man), Elisa Esposito and the Asset (Fantastic Romance), Hilda (Hildafolk) (The City vs. the Country), Team America (America Saves the Day), Arnold Shortman (Raised by Grandparents)@ , Helga G. Pataki (Loving Bully), The Pod People (Replicant Snatching), Rhoda Penmark (Enfant Terrible), Eve Harrington (Subverted Suspicion Aesop), Larry Talbot/The Wolf Man (Wolf Man) @ , Susy Hendrix (Protect This House), Alicia Huberman (Go Seduce My Archnemesis), Captain Gregg and Lucy Muir (Dead Person Conversation), Mighty Joe Young (King Kong Copy), Professors Julius Kelp and Sherman Klump (Sexier Alter Ego), Gabrielle van der Mal/Sister Luke (Taking the Veil), Charlotte Vale (Mental Health Recovery Arc), Dudley (The Bishop's Wife) (Guardian Angel)
- Reworked: Kenny McCormick (They Killed Kenny Again), HAL 9000 (Artificial Intelligence and Creepy Monotone), Beetlejuice (Speak of the Devil), Daria Morgendorffer (Deadpan Snarker and The Snark Knight), Edward Scissorhands (The Grotesque)
- Other: Rick Deckard relocated to Patrickthekid; Phil Connors adopted by Igordebraga; Chance the Gardener adopted by Wootzits.