Sorted in rough order of islander arrival.
- "Jabroni" is often used by Vinny whenever Vinesauce is involved in something, especially if said thing is incredibly silly/stupid. The word "jabroni" came up when Vinny skimmed the many bizarre tweets by The Iron Sheik, who uses it often. While the tweet-skimming didn't happen during a Tomodachi Life stream, it's mentioned here because it (coincidentally) happened while Vinny was checking out Southbird's pre-Vinesauce work. In actual wrestling terminology, a "jabroni" is the same thing as a "jobber", as in a loser.
This later extended to anyone associated with Vinesauce. In the song "Pizza Time", Vinesauce refers to himself and bassist Ralph Bluetawn as "a couple of jabronis". In Episode 50, the band consisting of Vinesauce, Vlinny, Vineschnoz, and Sponge is called "The Four Jabronis".
- Gonk gets brought up a lot by Vinny, mostly because, unlike most similar islanders, the game considers her a very attractive islander according to the Girl Charm rankings. In later episodes, Vinny also comments a few times on how Witch is almost always drawn ugly by fan artists, in contrast to Two Faced and Cling On. Witch being
- Whenever Witch and Waluigi are seen together, Vinny comments on how perfect they are for each other due to mutual ugliness. This usually leads to him getting annoyed about them not marrying; once they do get married, it changes to getting annoyed about them not having a baby.
- Whenever Vinny checks the Girl Charm ranking, Peach tends to be near the bottom, despite being one of the least ugly islanders.
- A completely unintentional one: several birthday announcements end with Wario remarking "I'm glad everyone remembered." It eventually turns plot-significant — after being assimilated in the previous episode, Wario returns to say the line in episode 50.
- The amount of times Two Faced gets asked out is immense. Especially because Vinny will send any islander that he can to her, in an attempt to sabotage her relationship with Walrus. Even after said relationship is sabotaged, it happens again in Episode 49, mostly because Vinny wants to see Karl fail again.
- "Clown jobs" are mentioned often, particularly when Clown or Clown Lady is around. What exactly a clown job is is still a mystery.
- Alpaca's angry face. Due to the way her Mii is constructed, her eyes are almost always closed; on the rare occasion that the game triggers a "shock" emote (which makes them open), her eyebrows' position makes it look like she's really angry. In turn, Southbird's condensed versions made a gag out of zooming in on the eyes and adding special filters whenever Vinny visits her house (which always triggers the emote). This eventually extended to Lamb Chop (who has a similar issue), and even later zooming in on random bits of furniture.
- Walrus' frequent attempted torture at the hands of Vinny. Tends to result in Walrus either taking it in stride or actually enjoying it.
- Whenever Gaben is goofing off, Vinny remarks something to the extent of "This is what he's doing instead of developing Half-Life 3."
- Little Mac being utterly boring. Vinny tends to forget almost everything about him, to the point where he forgets to put him on the first elimination poll in the Survivor Edition.
- Whenever Karl says something odd, Vinny tends to imitate Ricky and Steve reacting to it. It usually evolves into a brief skit between them and Karl (also imitated by Vinny).
- Karl's hopeless love life. In contrast to Vinesauce and other islanders who constantly fail to get in relationships, his failures at getting girls have happened so often that it's treated as less sad and more hilarious.
- Karl has been fed spaghetti three times. Notable in that the second and third times were caused when Vinny Failed a Spot Check by confusing favorite and least favorite foods; the third time had Vinny realize his screwup, only to feed it him to him anyway. He almost does it a fourth time, but he defies it by feeding Karl his favorite food instead.
- Small Face managing to fascinate Vinny no matter what he does. Considering his face and actions, it's not hard to see why.
- Toad's continual neglect by Vinny. He is given no extra clothes or apartments, and is always fed the cheapest food. Keeping him at the bottom of the Splurge Ranking seems to be a personal goal of Vinny's.
- Seabiscuit's voice and how terrible it is. Vinny suffers from it nearly every time she opens her mouth.
- Banana and DK being fed almost exclusively bananas. For the former, there's her getting only yellow clothes, a rule that has been broken only twice.
- Kenny's "Duck, I miss you" catchphrase appearing at the worst times, almost always catching Vinny off guard. It hasn't shown up in these streams, but Peking duck is his absolute least favorite food.
- Broccoli and his "incredibly punchable face". Vinny brings it up almost every time he appears.
- The Jahn "experiments", which are Vinny testing something with each of the Jahns (generally giving them all a certain food item, but they have been variations) to see how different they are.
- For the brief time Jaxon is present, every mention of his name is made distorted by the SB Edits. Even during the art showcases.
- Giving Gordon Ramsay frying pans to see what he cooks up, which usually ends up being something that can't be cooked in a frying pan.
- Pee-wee and his theater incident. It being a running gag is the entire reason he's on the island.
- Tucker doing inane things because "Vinny said to!", often accompanied by a skit between him and his mother.
- Vineschnoz's increasingly bizarre news reports in the Collection corruptions episode. Corruption was accidentally turned off at one point, which led to the final one looping around to being completely normal by the game's standards ("by the game's standards" meaning that a news report about Jesus losing some blue cheese isn't that odd when you consider what goes on in the game's sequel). Doesn't carry over to Vineland when Vineschnoz arrives there, though he did end up appearing in Episode 55's report, which depicted sheep being attracted to his snoring.
- Episode 53 has Vinny use a voice distorter to make an echo effect for certain moments several times. In one instance, he played the part of God scolding Jesus for hanging out with a chef.
- Many islanders complimented Vinny in Episode 55. More than one mentioned finding his face comforting.
- Loco moco somehow becomes a running gag in the David Bowie special, where the chat begs Vinny to feed Bowie some. It eventually manages to ruin Vinesauce's marriage proposal. And Bowie doesn't even like it.