It is home to multiple roleplays that reflect the worlds and regions of the Pokémon games (there's an individual roleplay for each region of the Pokémon world; e.g. Kanto RP, Mystery Dungeon RP, etc.).
This page is specifically for troping the roleplays present on the forum.
Yet Another Pokemon Forum contains examples of:
- Combat Pragmatist: Aaron. He has his Chikorita use Vine Whip to strangle Lance's Dratini and poke a Mareep in the eyes on two separate occasions. Kinda makes you wonder how he's the main protagonist.
- Aborted Arc: Technically, the entirety of Hoenn RP is an aborted arc. Due to a cleaning of old forum threads, this inactive thread was deleted and all the posts were lost. The RP has not been restarted since, thus making it an aborted and forgotten arc.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Absol and Garchomp display this trope, Absol in particular by the number of times he and Eris go at it. Though Garchomp was more recently introduced, he too has always been eager to wrap himself in Adnocana's coils when she's offering.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Most notable examples are Ray sacrificing himself to save Hawkeye and most recently, Absol, when he protects the Lucario prince from a fatal blow
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Realizing he is about to make his Heroic Sacrifice, Absol jumps forward in time just a few minutes to ensure his survival. However, it is implied that at some point in the future he must decide to time travel back to that same moment, since a version of him still goes through with the sacrifice. Thus, we are left with an awkward scene of him standing over his own body, made all the more confusing when one remembers that the only reason he could time travel to save himself in the first place was due to a crystal he took from another character that came back in time because he had died and was trying to prevent it from happening.
- Artificial Limbs: Wes gets a new arm from Team Cipher- the Snag Machine he used to take it down in the first place. We learn in a post that his arm was cut off by Ein and replaced.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Doc as he's ordered by Cipher to commit murderous acts and bears witness to Wes' abuse.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Played with. It's not clear what actually is torturing Wes, but it seems the torturing and brainwashing seem to have just as much influence as the robot arm.
- FaceMonster Turn: Wes. From the first post where he's caged, it's clear that he's only doing the heinous acts he's doing because of Team Cipher