It's tough being a mutant these days, what with the unstable powers and the rest of the world thinking you're either a menace or a freak and all that. Good thing the Xavier Institute of Higher Learning is there to give you a safe place to learn about what it means to be a mutant. What's the worst that could happen?
Xavier Institute RPG, often simply shortened to XI RPG, is a Journal Roleplay that occurs on a LiveJournal here. It also has a wiki that details the setting's timeline and such here. However, the last activity occurred in 2011.
This roleplay provides examples of:
- Aborted Arc: Nothing actually happened in Genosha once the Brotherhood of Mutants conquered it. They have since suffered a major split, with a good number of the Brotherhood relocating to New York.
- Apathetic Teacher: Formerly, Shikamaru Nara, who was somehow teaching Physics despite being a student and not giving a crap. If you checked his app, Shikamaru had already graduated high school before he arrived at the school. He was there for his powers only.
- Artistic License Biology: It is a Marvel game. And DNA works just like Lego bricks.
- Bland-Name Product: Taken to ridiculous extremes; Thoupipe replaces Youtube, for instance.
- Blessed with Suck: While most mutants have awesome powers, Rogue could kill someone by touching them, Tobias is trapped in the form of a red-tailed hawk, and Bossuet is a walking bad-luck charm.
- Cursed with Awesome: Pretty much every student at XI ever. Poor them, being born with superpowers.
- Elaborate University High: Aside from the normal classes and the ones designed for training mutant powers, the Institute also offers classes for Sharpshooting, Pop Culture and Fashion, and International Cuisine.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: The weeping angels event sent many characters to arbitrary points in the past. This worked in reverse, as well; some of them spent so long in the past that it took some time to get re-acquainted to modern technology.
- Minus World: In-game, Maleficent's breaking of reality trapped several characters on sub-planes of existence, from which others had to rescue them.
- On a more meta level, an error in the game's wiki left it with a possessed demon page that couldn't be visited or edited and which showed up in the list of files, but which couldn't be deleted because it "did not exist". It has since been remedied, but it was terrifying for the several hours for which it existed.
- Misfit Mobilization Moment: The students do not take having several of their classmates kidnapped by Evilutionary Biologist Albert Wesker lying down.
- Nested Story: For a while, several characters at XI were muns at nulla_vitae, a panfandom RP set in a broken-down city. They mostly played expies of well-known fandom characters.
- Superhero School: Played with in that there has been a good deal of public outcry as well as internal debate over the school's proffered combat class, and strictly speaking the students are not actually allowed to be superheroes. Not that this stops some of them.
- They Would Cut You Up: