Work In Progress is a Mega Crossover forum game originally created by Bindlestick, in which gods from all different pantheons come together to take a barren world and sculpt it, bringing life to it in the process. From there, the game follows the gods as they manage their new realms.
After Bindlestick's departure, the other players kept the game going in a communal GM style, but eventually, the original thread fizzled out. The players then started again, in the same verse after a Time Skip, subtitled Under New Management, with a mix of fictional gods and a few OCs, this time officially selecting Vox as the head GM.
After that too fizzled out, and one failed attempt at a reboot titled Take 3 by Anno R, the game fell into the pit of abandoned RPs. About a year later, Anura made another attempt at rebooting the game, which similarly fizzled out.
Work In Progress contains examples of:
- Apocalypse Wow: The Sanctum's destruction causes quite a few civilizations to be wiped out.
- Götterdämmerung: The original game ended in a temporary one, which all of the gods sealing themselves up or disappearing. It is the task of Under New Management's gods to undo it.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: There were no less than three dragons at first- Bahamut, Tiamat and Akatosh. And then there was Alduin.
- Orcus on His Throne: Czernobog never actually leaves his realm, the only time he even gets off his mountain is to repel Alduin.
- That's No Moon!: It's a Transformer.
- Alien Sky: There is no sun. Instead, the world is illuminated by glowing pink clouds and Krezznorg's moon, with night caused by Yami's moon sucking the light out of it's side of the sky.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Several of the characters in this and in the previous RPG didn't start as Gods and had to ascend to it, with one example being Madoka, who ascended to Godhood on the final episode.
- World Tree: The world grew from the last seed of its predecessor (unrelated to the previous games).