- The dead do not rest easily.
We Stand in Awe... is a Bleach Quest run on Sufficient Velocity by the illustrious Maugan Ra. The starting premise was as follows - you are a new shinigami of the Gotei 13, freshly graduated from the Academy. The quest was originally designed to follow the player character until they either became a champion of Soul Society or got horribly eaten by a Hollow.
The players start off as Makoto Kobayashi, a talented but by no means exceptional shinigami who possesses the dream to one day 'Transfix Creation' - that is, have all of the world stand in awe of her.
Things did not go as planned.
Featuring a two-thousand year old conspiracy, certain elements of moral ambiguity but remaining true to its shounen roots, it can be read here
The quest has now been confirmed as dead by Maugan Ra.
- Absurd Cutting Power: A skill that several major characters have access to, Art of Cutting, is explicitly designed around this concept.
- The Ace: Makoto is this to an absurd degree, something that is noted in-story. It's because she's the reincarnated Blade of the Soul King
- Action Girl: Pretty much every female member of the cast falls under this.
- Adaptational Badass: Momo Hinamori is the biggest recipient of this, but a number of other characters are significantly more dangerous than they were in canon.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Some of the fancier abilities frequently fall under this - while Hado #99 is extremely powerful, you can't exactly cast it near anything you're particularly fond of.
- Badass Army: As in canon, the Gotei 13 and the Arrancar Army both fall under this.
- Blood Knight: Makoto definitley fits the bill while Squad 11 is entirely made up of these.
- Bring It: Makoto does this to Ikkaku.
- Catchphrase: "No one stands above me forever" is a favourite saying of Makoto's.
- The Cavalry: Gin is this when he saves Makoto from Hinamori's trap.
- Cerebus Syndrome: After Makoto's offer from Aizen the story begins to take a darker tone.
- Clothing Damage: Makoto used to suffer from this until she gained sufficient control over her Bankai.
- Crapsack World: The Rukongai is this, and Makoto isn't happy about it.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Makoto hands one of these out to Nnoitra
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Who could forget Isshin, tactical genius!
- Grey and Gray Morality: There's a distinct level of ambiguity as to who, exactly , the good guys are. Especially considering Yamamoto and the Royal Guard's betrayal of the Soul King 2000 years ago, causing the appearance of Hollows
- Mysterious Past: Makoto, who grew up as a mercenary in the Rukongai districts, turns out to be the reincarnated Blade of the Soul King. All that is known was that she was betrayed and sealed away for 2000 years (at least until Aizen found her) by Yamamoto and the Royal Guard. The reasons and exact circumstances of this have yet to be revealed.