The Wars Central Pokémon RP is a Play-by-Post Game based on Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green with elements from other games as well as Pokémon Special and the Pokémon anime. For example, while the basic plot is that of FRLG, the executives from Heart Gold and Soul Silver show up, along with Team Rocket's Three Beasts from the manga.
The story is based around a group of trainers who travel Kanto together, collecting badges in order to take part in the Indigo League. They often stumble into the plots of Team Rocket, who seem intent on establishing dominion on the Kanto region for profit.
This game provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: A lot of information about the player characters can be found in the sign-ups.
- Captured Super-Entity: Sird's Darkrai. Sid invokes this by suggesting the group hunt down their own legendary Pokémon to face it.
- Duels Decide Everything: Averted against Team Rocket for the most part. Pokémon Battles against Rocket Grunts come about because the Grunts try to get their Pokémon to attack people. As such, their victims send out their own Pokémon in self defence.
- To Be a Master: Naturally, many of the player characters are examples of this in some way or another.
- You Can't Thwart Stage One: Although Team Rocket have been beaten three times, they had already completed their objective in each place (taking fossils in Mt. Moon, taking Pokémon remains in Pokémon Tower and cloning Mew in the Celadon HQ).