Waiting For A Train is a roleplay created on Gaia Online by Kai Tanuki. Originally created on Jul 24, 2011, you can find the in character thread here and the out of character thread here. It was abandoned in the same month.
Set in a place only known as The Station - this place is a world between worlds, a place that has fallen out of time and into the cracks in our world, or any world for that matter. The people that populate The Station are many and varied, ranging from the mystical to the mechanical. Times and places clash together, places out of science fiction live alongside castles out of the Middle Ages. The massive railway that gives The Station its namesake is the center and lifeblood of the city, and everything has sprung up about it.
But The Station has fallen now.
The work of a being only known as The Methespidian and its lackeys, beings known as the Nightscapers has brought The Station to its knees. Now, the city is a ruined shell of its former, chaotic, glorious self, with everyone too frightened of The Methespidian's power to even try to fight.
At least, most everyone. Corresponding through a series of letters for the last year, a group of eight individuals, each with their own motivations, have finally conspired to meet, and set out on a journey to send The Methespidian back to wherever it came from.
Not to be confused with the Invisionfree Inception-based roleplay of the same name.
Waiting For A Train contains examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: There are cities straight out of science fiction sitting beside castles.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: There really is a railway and its station in The Station.
- The Faceless: No-one knows Methespidian's appearance as its face is covered by a helmet.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: The Methespidian, Nightscapers, The Murderer etc.
- The Nicknamer: Yue is a big fan of giving out horrible nicknames to anybody he meets.