Welcome to Vatheon, a humongous Underwater City surrounded by a clear barrier. You find a tiny fairy hovering somewhere near you, a strangely-colored starfish on your person. Aside from that, you arrive with what you had on you when you fell asleep. The residents greet you with smiles and towels, eager to help you get dry and start your new life in Vatheon. In fact, they're so helpful, they won't let you leave. The barrier that has protected Vatheon for over a hundred years has begun to fail, and left with no other choice, the priestess has decided to call for power from other worlds: you.
But really, Vatheon is a great place. Friendly locals, great atmosphere, curses that sweep through the city ever so often; it's wonderful. Mingle with the other foreigners, pulled from their own worlds. Start a business, make new friends, explore, get a house. Whatever you do, just don't drink the water.
Compare to The Wake.
Vatheon provides examples of:
- Actual Pacifist: Aziraphale. Even when Naoya did his best to goad him into attacking, he still restrained himself to brandishing a flaming sword.
- Big Damn Heroes: These moments seem to happen a lot.
- The entire Homestuck cast during the event where Gamzee was sober. However, everyone besides Karkat and Wataru failed, and half of them died some pretty gruesome deaths.
- During the Kraken event, Mrs. Brisby and Demyx were the unexpected heroes. Mrs. Brisby was the one who unlocked the key to their salvation, which was a banjo that Demyx managed to play, putting the Kraken to sleep. They both managed to win without violence.
- Vatheon is a panfandom game. There is pretty much no way this can't happen eventually.
- Vatheon itself has repeatedly crossed over with Somarium.
- Curse: Of many variations, thanks to curse weeks! Enjoy your random Zombie Mermaids, Ghost Pirates, and random amnesia!
- Death Is Not Permanent: Everyone revives within a period of a week. Moreover, many already dead characters are alive again upon entering Vatheon.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Almost the entire Tales of Symphonia cast (sans Zelos) is determined to make Mithos stop hating humans.
- Ghost Pirate: A group of spectral pirates have been around Vatheon ever since their ghost ship managed to crash into the barrier separating the city from the rest of the world.
- Locked Out of the Loop: All foreigners are all kept in the dark by the local population. Information stolen from the church and the charred remains of a section of the church that caught fire suggest something big is going on behind the scenes.