The Travelsverse is a series of RPs and Fanfics by Bulbagarden Member Instrutilus. It consists of various Nintendo Game Series and a couple of other series. The game series that are used usually revolve around the roster of the Super Smash Brothers series of games, as Metal Gear is usually stated in the timelines by Instrutilus as stemming from a person on the Pokémon World using Jirachi to wish up a copy of Earth around the year 1000AD.
The most common place used by Instrutilus is the Pokémon World, named in this Fan Verse as Sinumonas. However, there are various other planets, such as Altus Regno, that contain various other Nintendo continuities, in Altus Regnos case Hyrule and the Mushroom Kingdom. Whether these planets will be seen will be up to him.
The most commonplace hero is Wandering Trainer A.D. He is the Travelsverse equivalent to Generation 1s Red (though the actual Red of the universe is that of the Gen 3 design), and often wanders into the conflicts unintentionally. He is usually joined by Johto Trainer Ricky, an albino who was kept locked up his parents with only a shiny Charmander to keep him company before his escape. A.D found him and allowed him to follow on when he noticed the boy doing as such.
Between the duo, their most commonly recurring enemy is Johto Psychopath Zaar, someone born long after them but due to a fighting with an angel and Time Travel, commonly ends up fighting with them, both on their side and against them, at random points in time.
As well as having a crossover with him, Flame Haze has also done a fanfic detailing the travels of Travis Chorchino and Blake, who seeks revenge on the person who destroyed his home and killed his family, Markus. They're eventually joined by Sam, who fends off Markus until Volkner throws him out of Sunyshore.
Flame Haze also created his own set of characters and history. Mainly the stories of Elliot, Kenji and Hareta who travel around Kanto in a parody like setting, it then turns the tide towards Elliot's journeys as he becomes a powerful trainer and meets various people around the world.
It is one of three Fan Universes, each being referred to as one of the original Pokémon Game Trio Colour. The Travelsverse is Red, due to the iconic character A.Ds technical position as the Red, the Advanceverse is Green as it came to public knowledge around the same time, and the Rivalsverse is Blue, coming later and being the far superior of the three.
According to Instrutilus, he plans to work on writing up the Travelsverse RPs into Fanfics in order to have an actually complete story out of them.
So far, Kanto Trainer Red, Light and Darkness and Hoenn Wars are the only proper fanfics, with Hoenn Wars and KTR ongoing.
The Travelsverse provides examples of the following tropes:
- Allergic to Routine: The Jo Twins, Joe and Josh Antonimous
- Anti-Hero: Kokirkimu.
- Attention Whore: The Jo Twins yet again
- Ax-Crazy: Zaar has a tendency to chop people into bits for entertainment.
- This also goes for Marku, he doesn't really like to chop them into pieces but he does like to kill a whole lot
- Badass Bookworm: A.D, he's a natural tactician, often plotting things out in advance or having escape routes on standby.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A.D. Dear Arceus, A.D.
- Travis can pretty nice, but just challenge him to a battle and you'll see how wrong that assumption is
- Bilingual Bonus: The name of the planets. Apparently, Instrutilus has a fondness for Latin.
- Black Cloak: Zaars clothing preference.
- Blood Knight: If you couldn't already tell, Zaar is utterly obsessed with battling.
- Chaste Hero: Subverted with A.D, hes aware, but doesnt pay any attention to it.
- Chekhov's Gun: If something is mentioned in a casual manner, or if A.D sends his Flareon elsewhere, itll probably pop up later on and change the course of a battle or another issue at the time.
- Chekhov's Armoury
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: After 17, Zaar went around working for various illegal organizations, before literally backstabbing them.
- Cloudcuckoolander: The Jo Twins
- Crack Fic: This is how Elliot's journey was when he started, usually focusing on plots from the games and turning them into crazy situations with Elliot pointing out how the game really sucked at saying the truth about the world outside of Pallet Town.
- Crazy-Prepared: A.D, after a good few years of traveling, he's amazed a lot of crap that he uses.
- Creepy Child: A.D was this in his youth, though Zaar was moreso.
- Creepy Monotone: Zaar can sometimes go into this when attempting to intimidate his opposition. Doesnt work on A.D though, who merely responds cheerily
- Ironically, A.D himself, who always spoke in a monotone as a child.
- Crossover: With fellow Bulbagarden Member Flame Haze's Advanceverse, more specifically Pokémon Academy: Dragons Roar.
- Crossover Ship: Invoked with Link/Samus. Word of God states their will be a fic about it and their arrival on Sinumonas sometime.
- Cute Bruiser: Cynthia, though this should be somewhat obvious.
- Sam from Light and Darkess
- Darker and Edgier: So very, very much. And then came the Hoenn Wars.
- After Elliot began his journey in Johto things got darker and darker from there
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Taken to a literal context when it comes to Zaar.
- Deadpan Snarker: Elliot even after things became more serious
- A.D ocassionally lapses into this, mostly when the obvious is stated.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Averted with Zaar. Everytime hes beat, he merely pulls out weapons and attempts to kill whoever beats him anyway.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Do so much as poke Zaar and you'll end up getting stabbed.
- Doing In the Wizard: Instrutilus is repeatedly doing so, trying to keep the whole thing realistic
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Zaar, up to the point where it becomes a Berserk Button. Any mention of his birth name will not end up nicely.
- Foreshadowing: A.D has been told that the Tracis Omega awaits, though he had no clue what that means and just ignored it.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Theres no radar toward profanity, more to the use of animé stuff and Pokémon speaking their names. Instrutilus has a tendency to go off it when that happens.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Zaar. He's killed others due to temper problems many, many, many times.
- Heroic Mime: Red, Green and several other protagonists, as per their game incarnations.
- Human Popsicle: Silver was turned into this during the First Year of the Hoenn Wars by A.D and Gyarados' Blizzard. He wasn't recovered and defrosted until the Fifth Year, where he set about 'nuking' Hoenn.
- Knife Nut: Hoenn Wars' Silver.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: This is what Death said to Elliot when he revealed his identity
- Manipulative Bastard: Zaar loves to twist his words to slowly but surely drive other people off the edge of madness.
- Death manipulates people that have died by telling them he will give them back their lives when in truth he does give them back their lives, but they become evil and his slaves
- Mega Crossover
- Older Than They Look: Hoenn Wars' Silver, who, by the end of Hoenn Wars, is ten years older than he looks, because of being frozen with the rest of Hoenn by Dialga and being frozen by A.D and his Gyarados during Hoenn Wars.
- Playing with Fire: Hoenn Wars' Silver has hidden lighters on his person, similar to those of Pyro from the X-Men movies.
- Sanity Slippage: Happens fairly often with Zaar.
- Self-Made Orphan: Zaar killed off his own parents.
- Sinumonas Is Always Doomed: to the point A.D lampshades:"Would you two shut up arguing. If you wanna settle such a childish, stupid debate, leave it until after the world is safe for another year," A.D called down to the bickering fellows, before muttering to himself, "knowing my luck, it'll be in danger again next year..."
- Shoot the Dog: Kokirkimu normally does this quite a bit. Makes you wonder if he's really trying to do the world a favor.
- Superpowered Evil Side: A.D, Archie, Brendan, Maxie and May all have these after touching the orbs that keep Groudon and Kyogre at bay.
- That Man Is Dead: Zaar tends to utter something along these lines when mentioning his past life before he created his alias.
- The Hyena: Almost anything can provoke psychotic laugh from Zaar.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Word of God states thats why the universe exists as it is. Apparently the planet Earth was frozen over, bar an Environmental Shield that allowed the Galactic Federation HQ and the surrounding city to remain safe, though the planet seems to have recently recovered and defrosted...2000 years down the line.
- To Be a Master: Averted with A.D. He has no desire to be a master, preferring to travel.
- Trapped in Another World: Elliot and Hareta were sent through a time vortex and were trapped between dimensions for five years
- Twincest: The Jo Twins
- Xanatos Speed Chess: A.D once got into one of these with an equal minded tactician. They both 'lost' in effect.
- Villainous Breakdown: Often happens if things aren't going Zaars way.
- War Fic: Hoenn Wars by Sarcastically Insane.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Elliot is different from most heroes in the sense that he actually kills the bad guys once he defeats them.