The Good, The Bad and The Spandex II is a sequel/reboot to a superhero RP started by Sijo (currently run by kagescorpionakki). Like in the previous RP, you can play as a superhero, a supervillain or an anti-hero/villain, but they have to be original (in other words, no Batman or Superman). The game is set in Easton, a city located in the East Coast of the USA. The rules remain relatively the same from the last game, though there have been changes to some of them.
Here are the links:
- Game Thread
- Old Sign-Up Thread
- New Sign-Up Thread Go here if you wish to join the game.
- Discussion Thread
Sadly, this RP has ended due to a loss of participation. There is, however, a reboot! You can sign up for it right here.
Tropes in the RP:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The first enemies that the heroes fight are evil robots.
- All Myths Are True: Classical Mythology? Norse Mythology? Santa Claus? All true and all real.
- Anti-Hero / Anti-Villain: Pretty common due to this RP being a superhero RP.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Son of the Sky came in just in time to save the day in Lotus Labs... except he is really not there to save the day.
- When Setsuko, Goldrush, and Wilma all charge in to help Kyle fight White Rook.
- City of Adventure: Easton is this, which is a given.
- City of Weirdos: Can overlap with this trope.
- Emotional Powers: Emotional Manifestation is an ability that is powered by one's own emotions.
- The Weaponmasters of Alqobia have this down to a fighting style. They're also 10 to 15 foot tall psycho Green Lantern Vikings from Outer Space.
- Evil Counterpart: The Owl is The Venom Dog if he embraced his dark side.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: As is the standard of the superhero genre, one can see all sorts of outlandish and bizarre things in this game. Magic, aliens, super-tech, werewolves, insect-people... the list goes on.
- Fun with Acronyms: TALOS—Tactical Abnormalities Logistics Organization & Services.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: War Dragon threw Amethyst at The Venom Dog during the fight in Lotus Labs.
- Harmless Villain: Strip Poker remains as ineffective as he was.
- Lighter and Softer: Unlike in the previous game, killing and torture is strictly prohibited here.
- Darker and Edgier: After Sijo left, however, those rules were gone—and the results were immediately apparent.
- Morality Kitchen Sink: Since players can be of any alignment, this was inevitable.
- Multiversal Conqueror: Foundation for the Future are a squad of supervillains sent by Absolute Authority to conquer other universes and bend them under their rule.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Crescent became a werewolf by fusing with a wolf spirit from a broken talisman. He can transform into either a full humanoid wolf or a very hairy human, which is an intermediate stage.
- Superhero: The genre of the RP... obviously.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Blitzkriegs are skinhead Neo-Nazis with mechanical armors from an unknown benefactor.
- Yokai: Eiju is a Kyūbi no Kitsune, and is heavily based on the actual mythology. The only major difference is that kitsune in the folklore are normal foxes that become magical with age, and Eiju is a spirit of the more widely-known traditions.