May the odds be ever in your favor.
The Games is a panfandom game which takes place in Panem, the setting of the popular book trilogy by Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games. Due to the nature of the game, The Games deviates from the end of the first book into a somewhat Alternate Universe setting. And it's all thanks to the volunteers brought in from other dimensions; all characters are Brought Down to Normal and forced to fight each other in never-ending gladiator games.
Let the 75th Hunger Games begin!
Warning: Tropes may contain spoilers for The Hunger Games book trilogy.
- Anyone Can Die: And literally everyone has. At least when it comes to dying in the Arenas. Most of the time.
- All Deaths Final: In the Capitol.
- Crapsack World: Duh.
- Crippling the Competition: Arena 06's example being particularly an armful.
- Culture Justifies Anything: The Games are only morally objectionable or cruel to everyone not from the Capitol. Or people who are certifiably insane.
- Make an Example of Them: The Capitol has no problem doing this to people.
- Permanent Elected Official: Baron Bartlett. Unfortunately.
- Public Execution: Ah, Tate.
- Seppuku: A literal example of this happens in Arena 03.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Ha. Ha. Haaaaa.
- Sliding Scale of Unavoidable vs. Unforgivable