- It started as a normal field trip. To celebrate graduation, the seniors at LBJ High School took a field trip to the midnight caverns, caves famous for the fluorescent moss that grows on the walls. As they began to go farther down into the caves, they realized that something was very, very wrong. The air grew hot and heavy. Strange animals skittered across the floors and walls. Then the ground cracked beneath them. The class found themselves falling through a seemingly infinite white void. Many of them were ripped apart by unseen forces. Others simply disappeared. When they finally landed, only a few were left, deposited in the middle of a vast wasteland with no end in sight. They must try to find a way home; unfortunately, this world has other plans for them. - Descrpition of the RP.
It seemed like a regular enough day for several students during a field trip, but then an odd event occurred. They seemed to fall into a whirling form of energy, and after a slightly disturbing series of events involving watching their classmates die gruesomely, the survivors found themselves in a new world, one vaguely familiar, yet alien.
In this new world, The World of Anderewelt, four kingdoms, overseen by the Queen of the Underworld (or Queen of Spades), Queen of Air (Queen of Hearts), King of the Seas (King of Diamonds), and the King of the Woods (King of Clubs), battle each other for control of the entire land, with no one kingdom having too much of an advantage over any of the others.
As the students slowly acclimate to their surroundings, more and more evidence appears this is not a kind or gentle fairy tale.
The main characters and their players are (In order of signup):
- Andy Cohen - Lolipod Distortion, who was also the GM until he left.
- Joseph "Joe" Calhoun - Quarterman
- Kyle Kavanagh - Nick The Swing
- Mary Sue "Sue" Walker - Karl Kadaver
- Richard "Rick" Pierce - Bitterman- who left for reasons unknown.
- Anne-Marie Chevalier - Shadowbell
- Alice Palmer - Bokhura Burnes, who took over the job of GM after Lolipod left.
- Matthew "Matt" Kent - Recently joined. Played by spiralalg
Tropes found in The Disappearance of Class 12C
- Alien Sky: There are two moons.
- Blood Knight: Kyle; he loved fighting well before he went into the new world.
- Catchphrase: Sue, telling her brain to shut up.
- Crapsack World: At least in this corner of the world, the four kingdoms have been at war for nearly a century.
- Dogged Nice Guy: According to Rick's memories he was this to a cheerleader he had a crush on.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Sue's real name is Mary Sue. She hates it. So far, everyone's been doing a good job of not referring to her by her birth name.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: Andy, ripped apart by gun fire.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Before coming to the new world, the students were mostly acquaintances at best. Now, for the most part, the only ones they trust are each other.
- Five-Man Band
- God Save Us from the Queen!: The Queen of Spades. While her exact goals are unknown, at the very least she is kind of a jerk.
- If the spy from the Kingdom of Air is to be believed, the Queen of Spades was planning on using the players to lure the Queen of Hearts into a raid and obtain one of her "flying machines."
- Heroic BSoD: Mostly everyone is having a BSOD over the death of Andy.
- Jerkass: Andy
- OOC Is Serious Business: When Sue screams, you know something's wrong.
- For reference, her normal voice is one font size smaller than the rest of the characters'. Like this.
- Oblivious to Love: Rick seems to have trouble noticing Sue's feelings for him. Granted she isn't really too open about them, and he has been just recently thrust into a role of leader, so it does make a little sense.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Joseph, Mary Sue, Richard and Matthew are all referred to by their abbreviated forms Joe, Sue, Rick and Matt.
- The Quiet One: Kyle seems to never really talk all that much, except for when his emotions get invested in something. It's mostly because he dislikes getting involved with anyone, beyond what is necessary.
- Schizo Tech: Most people use swords and arrows for weapons, but there is at least one rifle in existence. The world as a whole seems pre-industrial revolution, but primitive airplanes exist. The influence Trapped in Another World plays in drawing people to the setting can possibly explain this.
- Shipper on Deck: Joe is this for Sue and Rick.
- Ship Tease: Between Rick and Sue.
- Straight Gay: Joe.
- Theme Naming: Each of the Kings and Queens alternate titles are based off of a deck of cards.
- Trapped in Another World
- What Could Have Been: Apparently, Rick was originally meant to just be the smart guy, who avoided conflict, and tended to stay in the background and not play any form of pivotal role. Guess how well that turned out.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Matt, compared to the others. He wasn't around for the death of Andy because he was busy being taken care of by some native folk, so he hasn't dealt with that same trauma.