Super Robot War: Paradox Cascade is a massive RP where super robots, and other unusual characters from across the multiverse have been forced to fight and survive together on a world that is wholly unfamiliar to them. Due largely in part to a quantum singularity created by Unicron as he threatens to devour the entire cosmos. It started on Spacebattles but several problems led to it moving elsewhere. It is now hosted on Rp-forums.com, where it has been growing in size ever since. It tends to be a melting pot of every kind of genre you can think of but giant robots are a constant throughout. While it is relatively new it has already garnered the attention of many super robot fans, and it has the potential to grow even more.
Most of the plot focused series so far are
- Muv-Luv Alternative
- Warhammer 40,000
- Buddy Complex
- Getter Robo
- Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot
- XCOM 2
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- Blue Comet SPT Layzner
- Super Dimension Fortress Macross
- Mazinger Z
- Cross Ange
- Girls Frontline
And there's more to come telling from the nature of the RP
This RP provides examples of:
- Aliens Are Bastards
- Apocalypse How :After the combined time-space intrusions of Embryo and the Man of Iron Omega concurrent with the continuity bending madness that is the Unicron singularity the world has seen better days, that's for certain.
- Calling Your Attacks: It's Super Robot Wars for crying out loud!
- Crapsack World: and how..
- Deconstruction: Somewhat downplayed as for all the horror and madness the world of the Paradox Cascade brought, life still finds a way and the fusion of many disparate universes opens an avenue of infinite possibilities.
- Earth Is the Center of the Universe: And its not even close to being a good thing.
- Everything Trying to Kill You
- Eldritch Abomination: Unicron, Getter Emperor, Chaos and potentially the Superiors that created the BETA...
- Kid With The Remote Control: Daisaku/Johnny and Giant Robo, though the two have seen better days...
- Mega-Corp: Practically feeds the entire war effort for all of Mankind. What's left of them anyway.
- Multinational Team: The UN's Allied Robot Corps. And just like in the source material, they're all extremely dysfunctional.
- The Multiverse: The setting is a particularly nasty example.
- Private Military Contractors: G&K, Ravens and well most of the Humans in PC Africa.
- Reality-Breaking Paradox: The entire setting is practically experiencing a slow and gradual one due to multiple universes and timelines fusing and overlapping each other. And once a certain threshold has been passed...
- World of Badass: It wouldn't be Super Robot Wars otherwise.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Dinosaur Empire and their Emperor Sho Kamui believe their genocide of the human race to be for the good of the entire universe. Unfortunately, They have a very strong argument and humanity is only all too happy to respond in kind...