Special People is a Roll to Dodge game on the Bay12 forums. It is about super powered individuals taken from their home dimensions by godlike beings called Entities and made to compete in challenges. Completing a challenge or objective will give them increased power. The challenges always have a very high death rate, but people who die will always be revived in time for the next one.
The game can be found here.
The game provides examples of
- Bling of War: PRAGMATUS IGNALES, COMMANDER OF THE TORCH OF OMENS has a very fancy suit of armour, with a bird shaped helmet and two shields that look like wings.
- Boss Fight: One of the game modes.
- Mission two was a fight against a giant robot from outer space called a BETA.
- Combination Attack: When Nikolai buffed Zechariah's Gemstone Assault to be much more powerful, then Zech launched it into a group of enemies.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: Used in the intro to the final tournament round.
- Game Show Host: The entities act like this.
- Gargle Blaster: The physically impossible 1/+0 % ABV drank by mydjet.
- Humongous Mecha: The BETA.
- Improvised Weapon: Very common, including a crossbow made of office supplies and robot parts, and an Epic Flail made from a skull with Anti-Magic rocks in the eye sockets, as well as the usual nailboards and rubble.
- Literal Genie: The Staging Area. George wished for a full head of hair. A literal disembodied head made out of hair appeared in front of him.
- Make a Wish: The Staging Area can be modified in nearly any way by the players. Players have wished for towns, waterfalls, and other things to appear there.
- Mini-Boss: Most missions have a few enemies with special abilities of their own.
- Player Versus Player: Mission Amethyst split up the players into two teams. Both teams had to find Target Amethyst, but one team was tasked with killing the target and the other team with protecting the target.
- Power Crystal: Seems to be the go-to MacGuffin.
- Ramming Always Works: Nikolai crashed a self propelled hover ballista into the BETA's leg, crippling it.
- Soviet Superscience: The first mission took place in a soviet research lab filled with experiments and sci-fi technology.
- Tournament Arc: The fourth mission.