You wake up and find yourself in a strange place. Perhaps an empty field, a strange building, the middle of the street, a large fountain with a bunny statue on it, or even a lake. Wherever it is, it certainly is not where you last fell asleep. And you even got a welcoming gift. It looks like a cellphone. More specifically, it's a Blackberry ripoff Dreamberry that works not only as a phone, but you can also view other people's dreams with them.
This game provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: The center of the world is Espoir Village, a rustic quaint village made up of several cottages and the occasional mansions, which is surrounded by modern metropolis Somni. Also had a floating castle until recently.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Fruits and vegetables became this during Moon Cycle 43. And they attacked people.
- Bland-Name Product: The Dreamberry. To be fair, it has the added function of broadcasting dreams.
- The Captain: Who but Captain America? Whenever there's a wide scale need for combatants, he's usually the one to step and start organizing.
- Dream Land: Somarium is sometimes described to newcomers as a "world of dreams". Which leads to...
- All Just a Dream: Characters who are dropped are said to just "wake up" in their real world as if nothing happened.
- Dream Within a Dream: If the two above tropes turn out to be correct, then the Dream Posts over the in-game network are this.
- Halloweentown: Somarium became this during Moon Cycle 38 to Moon Cycle 41
- Level Ate: Somarium became this during Moon Cycle 45.
- Lunacy: Events and environment changes are signaled by phases of the moon.
- Name Order Confusion: Defied. Applications and forms require character names to be filled with given name first, family name last.
- Odd Friendship: There are... many. Some examples:
- Ominous Floating Castle: There was one, but then it fell from the sky and became infested with monsters.
- Spell My Name with an "S"/Insistent Terminology: That arena that popped up recently? It's called the Coliseum, not Colosseum.