- "There is a story in Louisiana about a place where things don't sleep. Where if you walk too far off the beaten path, that you end up in strange places.Where ghosts and spirits of the forests walk. This place exists, deep in the bayou of Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana, where swampfolk dare not tread and the locals speak of it only in whispers. They don't dare name it.But it has a name, unknown to those who live outside its boundaries.The place is the Garou Caern of Snake River Run.Here, the Realms all bleed together. The Dark Umbra, the Tullerian, Near Umbra and Deep Umbra intersect and bleed through.Spirits can become partially corporeal.Ghosts can reach across and interact.Things that have existed since before time can look into our world. And Snake River Run is built in the dead center of it all."
- —Intro text.
Snake River Run is a revised edition Werewolf: The Apocalypse game set in its namesake Caern of snake River Run, New Orleans. A Caern run by Bone Gnawers for centuries, the caern has recently gotten an influx of garou from all tribes.
The game focuses on life in a open-minded sept, yet surrounded by danger from all sides. From Weaver tainted Glass Walkers to the sept's own totem. And the garou themselves are hardly the typical bunch.
This game contains examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Sam was a functional alcoholic and even went through withdrawal symptoms when the Glass Walkers gave her an artificial allergy to alcohol.
- Ambiguous Gender: Servius' main deformity is an extreme form of intersexuality, they generally look like an extremely femine male.
- Arranged Marriage: All over the place with the 'high tribes' of the sept. Antonina's turned out well, while Raisa might face a very messy situation with hers.
- Anachronism Stew: As fitting for Werewolf: The Apocalypse, there are mecha-Crinos fighting against another wielding a sword. The Silver Fangs have arranged themselves in a (loose) court, with lords and ladies and a knight. Depending on the tribe, the characters' weapon choices vary from swords to magical blades to guns.
- Town with a Dark Secret: Who and what the cairn totem is and why it's walled away has yet to be fully revealed.
- Royally Screwed Up: All the Silver Fang characters from one way or another.
- Servius is obsessed with tales.
- Antonina is anorexic / bulimic.
- Josephine internalized and logiced away all emotion under stress.
- Locked Away in a Monastery: Servius and Rhys both were victims of this, with most of the Silver Fang metis implied to share the fate.
- Hooker With Aheart Of Gold: Kelsey, a willing prostitute Bone Gnawer who earns her keep by selling herself.
- The Beautiful Elite: Played with with the Silver Fangs. While Servius, Antonina, Atacus and Adam are quite attractive, the tribe also includes Henry who is a eye-patched rough street thug, and Rhys who is not beautiful or elite sounding.
- Fiery Redhead: Despite (or because of it) being one of the shortest males, Rhys the Silver Fang kin has quite a bit of temper and guts. He is often seen talking or yelling at very dangerous garou.
- Moral Dilemma: Common. One of the toughest was whether to help poorly armed peasants or a group of knights. the knights, the peasants were cannibals
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: Most of the packs, really. The Eagles are made up of one defector from another tribe, one genderless bastard noble and a hippie chick who wants to hug the world.
- Pronoun Trouble: Servius prefers to be called 'they' because they have to show their deformity somehow, though they have been called anything from he, she, to an it.
- Third Eye: Servius has three eyes, with one on their forehead. It is entirely functional, though Servius can only see through two eyes at once.