Smash Academy and Smash Rising are two roleplays that feature a crossover between various video game fandoms.
You can find them here, along with the Smash Random, Smash Creative and Smash OOC communities that exist alongside the roleplay. Sadly, all of them have been largely abandoned since 2016.
This roleplay provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Averted. Many of the teachers and staff are just as competent as the righteous heroes that make up the student body. Of course, this also means the people on the villainous side of things also know what they're doing.
- Applied Phlebotinum: In spades. Healing magic and G-Diffusers and Neo Tanks and Phase Distorters, oh my. And that's not even mentioning the Phlebotinum that ends up in the food on occasion.
- Back from the Dead: Blacky was Killed Off for Real but came back as a ghost.
- Elaborate University High: It's a fancy boarding school for high school and college students where everyone learns to beat the snot out of each other. Among other things.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Woe betide those unfortunate enough to swap bodies thanks to the antics of a certain Skull Kid. Hilarity Ensues when the characters invariably pretend to be each other.
- Humanity Ensues: A voluntary version (aside from the potential for a prank): Non-human characters are given the opportunity to become a human, which is referred to as either humanization or gijinka. There was even a seminar held once in a while to help those trying it for the first time, and there are different methods involved depending on what can be used (for example, Pokemon can learn it as a Hidden Move). However, this is not permanent, and a character can switch back and forth if they wish. A character doesn't even have to learn humanization to begin with if he or she (or the player) doesn't want to.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Giovanni, who claims to be straight, has this with Raikov.
- Non-Player Character: There are quite a few of these, some major ones being Headmaster Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, and Nancy the (cyborg) Cafeteria Ursaring. Some player characters have them in the form of pets or pokemon, for example.
- Original Character: Characters that are based more around a species than a specific person (such as Pikmin or Pokemon) are pretty much fan characters.
- Politically Motivated Teacher: Cyrus, the MGS Russians, and, to a lesser extent, Eggman.
- Put on a Bus: Dropped characters almost always experience this. Some are reapped later on (by the same player or by someone else, and sometimes with a clean slate either way), but many are left with a Long Bus Trip. When Otacon was rebooted, he literally left on a bus.